Best CHILL & BEST PSY album

Vanilla Penguin

V.P Psy comes to Dorset
Reaction score
Well, obviously, it's not goingeveryone is going to like the same albums, but it will be a good listing nonetheless:

Best /Favourite Psy/goa cd album.

Best Ambient/chillout cd album.

Mine In Order would be :
Hallucinogen :Twisted...not neccessarily because it is my favourite still..but because when I bought it in 95(96)..it was the first non-punk /rock /band album that I had bought..

Chillout would probably be Abakus..no-on seems to like that too much, but I love it .

Favourite Psy - Wingmakers (dragonfly)
Favourite Chill - Butterfly Dawn (lsd)

Zinister said:
Favourite Chill - Butterfly Dawn (lsd)

ditto....it has everything....and every track is fantastic

best psy album - thats so hard... really liking Yotopia at the moment, couldnt say right now best of all time.
chill - easy... 'circuit breaker' by tripswitch... pure class

Is this just for this year or ever?

My fave chillout album of this year is - like Fromem Ory - Circuitbreaker by Tripswitch and of last year is Abakus. Of all time... ermmm.. probably the chillout Cd with the first Whirl y Gig album.

I get bored of psy trance CDs a lot quicker than chillout stuff though - but still play Lets Turn On by Doof

psy album... cosma (not my favourite style, or even music to hear at a party...but sooo listenable, and I like every track on it)
chill out... go for the obvious and it's the first Shpongle album, I luvs it.

That Is Really Hard, I nearly had to agree with you for a minute Zinister,
But I went For:

Favourite PsyTrance _ Unusual Suspects v1 (Twisted)
Favourite Chill\Ambo _ Butterfly Dawn (Liquid Sound Design)

I went for Unusual Suspects 1 cause it has a nice range of Psy on some dark and minimal, some hard, some great full on fun, some proggy and fluffy, etc... But an all time Psy CD is very hard to choose, can I change my mind already :Wink3: I want Silicon Sound Pure Analog as well, and, and, and, and........

Isn't Dragonfly and LSD doing well, just goes to prove we still got it in the UK!!

geoffwiffen said:
Isn't Dragonfly and LSD doing well, just goes to prove we still got it in the UK!!

Maybe I should start another topic - but anyone know what is going on with LSD? Their scehdules keep getting pushed back & back - hope they're not in trouble as - give or take some not so hot (in my opinion) Youth comp's - they've released consistently great stuff over the years.

Vanilla Penguin said:
Chillout would probably be Abakus..no-on seems to like that too much, but I love it .

that much closer to the sun? i think its preety good and tunes i would happy to play out on it

but may absolute all time chillout is

KLF chillout - unsurpassed 45 minutes of something that is nothing!

Hmmm dunno about which psy trance album is my favourite, but for chill, it's got to be either 'The Orb's Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld' or 'The Infinity Project - Mystical Experiences'

Chill - I'm with Arv - mystical experiences still never fails. But I can't pick the same so I'll say GSpot by speedy J.
Psy - fuck knows. Probably Twisted for nostalgic reasons

JohnM said:
Maybe I should start another topic - but anyone know what is going on with LSD? Their scehdules keep getting pushed back & back - hope they're not in trouble as - give or take some not so hot (in my opinion) Youth comp's - they've released consistently great stuff over the years.

last i heard from Tripswitch is they dont have anyone heading up that division anymore....so its just not getting stuff done...strange eh....

best PSY...either Scorb or Prometheus
best chill....Liquid Records SOUL VIBRATION 001(TBR)
all BluTech

best chill: Bluetech - Elementry Particles... fricking amazing.. am very suprised this guy isn't more famous over here, his music is stunning. Shpongle type melodies (way less 'ethinc' luckily) but with a much crisper techy dub style backing :Smile3: The production is some of the best i've heard :Smile3:

as for psy... mmm not such an easy one. Reckon it might be Magnetrixx - Wired.

dave arc-i said:
that much closer to the sun? i think its preety good and tunes i would happy to play out on it

but may absolute all time chillout is

KLF chillout - unsurpassed 45 minutes of something that is nothing!

G'dammit..I totally forgot about the KLF chillout album..never had it, but used to play it constantly at my mates house..... tha really is awesome isn't it!

best psy album prob would be Suria-the dark side of the moon, or the split Psychotic micro&Azax Syndrom- voices of madness

best chill: it's been a long time since i last bought a chill cd so i'll stick with the brilliant F.S.O.L-Lifeforms

Back