bloody vsts in cubase

OPTOBOT

OPTOBOT
Reaction score
twas trying to clean up my vst folder from inside cubase,

And without realising deleted the link to the vst folder on my c drive,

This means that my latest tune, has lots all vsts and the presets, and as they were deleted, the fucking fx i put on them has been deleted as well. Thats hours and hours of mixing and tweaking presets etc that has been lost from the tune,

i cant bloody remember all the stuff i used to change the sounds etc etc so im left with basically drums and thats it.

didn't reallty eplain this well but bastardo stupidness!!!!

OPTOBOT

OPTOBOT
Reaction score
yeah sorry didn't explain too well, the folder is still there but cubase didn't no where to look for it,

so i told cubase to look for vsts i nthe right folder,

but because i had loaded up a song previously it deleted all vsts from the tracks etc,

even when i loaded it up it still comes up with a message saying that abotu 9 vsts aren't there

OPTOBOT

OPTOBOT
Reaction score
its very annoying the last time my pc crashed and i had to do a clean windows install, it was the same tune that the exact same thing happened!!! Each time it hapens i basically do a remix of all the stuff and it ends up sounding completeely different.

oh well

Faction

Proto-col
Reaction score
So you saved the song when it had loaded up without the plugins?

Bet you won't do that again... :p :Wink3:

BTW you can save an incremental backup very easily using <cntrl><alt>-s and I recommend you do this very often. This means that even if you do save a corrupted version you've always got a relatively recent vesion to go back to.

OPTOBOT

OPTOBOT
Reaction score
yeah think i will be doing a backup save, just abit annoying the way cubase remembers vsts, in a perfect world it would somehow still have the name and settings of a vst, even if it wasn't loaded, that way when the vst is there it loads back in the same fashion.

Surely what i have found must be a big problems for people that are using multiple systems with different plugins, if i take a cubase session to a mates house, change a couple of settings on his computer and save it, when i load it back into my computer all the vsts that i have, but he doesn't have will have been deleted from the session?!! I think!