Blue monday psy trancy remixy tracky thing!

Pheadra

My other ride is your mum
Reaction score
At alphawave on friday, I think It was natzan playing? But there was a track with Blue monday in it...

Blue monday is one of those sonfs rhat means helluva lot to me!!! So you can understand why i must find out what this track is :Grin:

Anyone? help?

xxx

Jon Kenobi

So uncivilised
Reaction score
and its rubbish..................imo of course..................seems like there are plenty of folk out there that like it though

Pheadra

My other ride is your mum
Reaction score
Jon Kenobi said:
and its rubbish..................imo of course..................seems like there are plenty of folk out there that like it though

the original Blue Monday is a song that means a lot to me :Smile3: So therefore I will like any version of it i hear (hell even the cover that Orgy did!)

Firinne

Just a girl
Reaction score
Pheadra said:
the original Blue Monday is a song that means a lot to me :Smile3: So therefore I will like any version of it i hear (hell even the cover that Orgy did!)
Yeah, I danced to that one a few times ... I'm a sucker for anything catchy :Wink3:

psylent

Reaction score
Oh come on Jon, it's not that bad!

Sure it's a bit cheesy, but it's Blue Monday, and thinks as far as a trance version of that song goes it's damn good. And I think it's great when it let's go!

JohnM

blah blah blah
Reaction score
There's a JamX & Leon mix doing the rounds as well - I suppose New Order's record company just tout it around to see who wants to remix it every time they have a new album out to create more interest...

jamez_23

Blah
Reaction score
JohnM said:
There's a JamX & Leon mix doing the rounds as well - I suppose New Order's record company just tout it around to see who wants to remix it every time they have a new album out to create more interest...

dunno who owns the rights now but Factory Records disappeared with the Happy Mondays all those years ago .......

lurk

Stunning Cunt
Reaction score
jamez_23 said:
dunno who owns the rights now but Factory Records disappeared with the Happy Mondays all those years ago .......
there's nothing official about the mindfield & cosmosis rmx, and that's from the horses mouth. if it had been sanctioned by new order it would have been called new order - blue monday (mindfield & cosmosis rmx) :Smile3:

Jon Kenobi

So uncivilised
Reaction score
psylent said:
Oh come on Jon, it's not that bad!

Sure it's a bit cheesy, but it's Blue Monday, and thinks as far as a trance version of that song goes it's damn good. And I think it's great when it let's go!
like I say 'imo'. As I've mentioned in other posts elsewhere....cosmosis always has his tounge firmly placed in his cheek when doing tracks like that (as with the 'Human Evolution' track on the Contact album) but would the track have the same impact on people if it hadnt been a cosmosis/mindfield rework, what if say an Israelly artist had done it? I think most people would slate it.
I personally just dont like the track, I think its the weak link (along with the chillout track) in the chain of a really strong album....maybe its an age thing...I dunno. Now if it had been a rework of 'World in Motion' with samples of John Barnes and his football rap then it'd be a whole different story :Wink3: hehehehe

lurk

Stunning Cunt
Reaction score
:lolol:

i don't think it matters who did it, i would still like it. the thing is that it is "pop" psytrance, fun while it lasts, but with a short shelf life. don't think anyone will remember it in 5 years time.

Jason Frog

Reaction score
yeh the hardfloor remix!.. that was a classic..

anyone for the Georgian Chant version? <embed src="http://www.tribeoffrog.co.uk/psyforum/p.swf?theFile=http://www.tribeoffrog.co.uk/psyforum/gbm.mp3&autoplay=no" quality="high" width="20" height="20" wmode="transparent" />

:Grin:

Firinne

Just a girl
Reaction score
Jason Frog said:
yeh the hardfloor remix!.. that was a classic..

anyone for the Georgian Chant version? <embed src="http://www.tribeoffrog.co.uk/psyforum/p.swf?theFile=http://www.tribeoffrog.co.uk/psyforum/gbm.mp3&autoplay=no" quality="high" wmode="transparent" height="20" width="20">

:Grin:
Fantastic!!!! :Grin: