Blunkett's RESIGNED!!!

x²=c

my temple is your body
Hooray, another mad home-secretary bites the dust! Perhaps we'll get someone less right-wing next time! Hopefully he's taken his id card plan with him!

Woo!

Ratty

Sticky Toffee Pudding
Forum Supporter
Only weeks ago we discussed 'Bleedin' Blunkett' on the forum..... 3 weeks later he's resigned....

Are we secretly making political history? Who should we do next then? :P

Blender Bender

Chew-Z anyone?
Ratty said:
Only weeks ago we discussed 'Bleedin' Blunkett' on the forum..... 3 weeks later he's resigned....

Are we secretly making political history? Who should we do next then? :P

If that were true, I think the outcome of the US elections would have been a tad bit different, eh?

Ratty

Sticky Toffee Pudding
Forum Supporter
We don't have so many 'seats' in the states tho...... we will have eventually though... then the world will be ours, ours , OURS.....hheheheheheheheh

onestone

So one prat resigns to be replaced by another prat. Just remember who the prat was before this prat took the job. :Sad:

JohnM

blah blah blah
I think the lesson is - dont f*ck with whoever that posh woman was he was shagging - she certainly got her own back.

(for anyone not familiar with the story - she started shagging Blunkett shortly after she got married to someone else - three years later her & Blunkett split up - she went back to her husband (has he no shame?) - Blunkett went to court to gain access to his kid - she's fighting access and also happens to be heavily involved in the media - and hey presto - lots of stories suddenly started coming out about Blunkett... )

the whole Blunkett story is all a bit Shakespearean really...

D

dave arc-i

http://psy-forum.co.uk/psyforum/viewtopic.php?t=13085

Here's the thread I started about the fraud involving the issue of the rail tickets.
Which still hasn't and probably will not be addressed by a court of law.
Blunkett has resigned over the issue of 'fast-tracking' a visa application.
I think it also means he will have lied to Parliament (but then so has his Boss*)

I find it interesting with all the media attenion of Blinketts paternity action in the high court that not many headlines have reflected the fact that his behaviour is actually opposite to that promoted by home office family policy.

Apart from the other crap that has been stirtred into the mix to cloud the issue, central to this is - again a politician says "you must do this" whilst they feel free to do as they will and that is really what was wrong with this situation, (*)not leading by example.

Gash

nonchi
lets find him a new career

i'm not too sure what he could do really!? politics lecturer?

Golaf

Banned
lets see, theres cleaner, then theres labourer, theres a care assistant, and o theres another cleaner, o dear, urm hmmm :Sad: is this all there is in this life! :sob:

purple project

Shake and Bake!!
Is it because I is blind? :runsmile:

FlameBoy

psychedelvic said:
Is Blunky eligible to sign on...??

No, he resigned so "voluntarily" made himself redundant. If I resigned my job (believe me, its tempting...), I certainly wouldn't get any unemployment benefit :Sad:

Actually, I think he's still an MP, just not a member of the cabinet anymore, though I could be wrong.

FlameBoy

damion

Pound Shop Alex Petridis
note the photos everywhere of him in tears --- portrayed as a helpless victim of that bird --

so let's all feel jolly sorry for him and when he gets reinstated as a minister without portfolio after the next election we'll welcome him back with open arms

Technognome

Professor of Ecognomics
FlameBoy said:
psychedelvic said:
Is Blunky eligible to sign on...??

No, he resigned so "voluntarily" made himself redundant. If I resigned my job (believe me, its tempting...), I certainly wouldn't get any unemployment benefit :Sad:

Actually, I think he's still an MP, just not a member of the cabinet anymore, though I could be wrong.

FlameBoy

Corret he only resigned his cabinet post not as a member of parliament so he still gets paid for that but it's a big wage drop. :Smile3:

PHLUR :sun: