Blunkett's RESIGNED!!!

aw.. well i feel kinda sorry for him... not because of the whole visa issues or the resignation bit, but because he was obviously a person in Love, and head over heels so.... and i just feel bad that it didnt work out, everyone should know how unrequited love feels like (is that the right word?).

Let's not forget what a fascist thug this man is, only got away with it because he's blind so we can't be nasty to him.

ID Cards, Incarceration without charge or evidence, trial without jury, this man holds the record for introducing more laws than any other home secretary, and the overriding theme of them has been the curbing of our freedoms. I'm sure Barclay's got a comprehensive list.

Not that Clarke will be any better, he's already said he's carrying through all Blunkett's plans.

tortoise said:
Let's not forget what a fascist thug this man is, only got away with it because he's blind so we can't be nasty to him.

ID Cards, Incarceration without charge or evidence, trial without jury, this man holds the record for introducting more laws than any other home secretary, and the overriding theme of them has been the curbing of our freedoms. I'm sure Barclay's got a comprehensive list.

Almost makes me wonder was he chosen because he was blind? :unsure:

It might have made it a bit easier for them to tell him that everybody was really frightened and that these laws were needed and wanted by the people if he could never actually see their outraged faces when he stole their freedoms. :?

Either way, let's not let the b@stard back into power!

On the BBC news site:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4100481.stm

Last Updated: Thursday, 16 December, 2004, 12:15 GMT
E-mail this to a friend Printable version
Terror detainees win Lords appeal
Belmarsh Prison
Most of the men are being held at Belmarsh Prison
Detaining foreign terrorist suspects without trial breaks human rights laws, the UK's highest court has ruled.

In a blow to the government's anti-terror measures, the House of Lords law lords ruled by an eight to one majority in favour of appeals by nine detainees.

The law lords said the measures were incompatible with European human rights laws. The men will stay behind bars while ministers decide how to react.

Solicitor Gareth Peirce called on the government to release them quickly.

Most of the men are being indefinitely held in Belmarsh prison, south London.

The ruling creates a major problem for Charles Clarke on his first day as home secretary following David Blunkett's resignation.

Ha this is good news. British Law Lords standing up to the illegal detention of people without trial.

albs said:
On the BBC news site:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4100481.stm

Last Updated: Thursday, 16 December, 2004, 12:15 GMT

The law lords said the measures were incompatible with European human rights laws. The men will stay behind bars while ministers decide how to react.

This is of course the same Goverment ignoring the Law who are preparing to go into the next election on a manifesto including Law and Social Disorder issues.

Suely if they want the population to obey the Law then perhaps they should lead by exampale instead of defying the law - we now have an open invitation to 'defy' the Law!

Good to see the law lords proving their worth again and not just approving or ruling in favour of everything handed down to them by the ruling government.

Not quite sure how this means that we now have an open invitation to defy the law, surely the biggest invitation to that is the same one that we've always had, our own freewill.

Yes all those pictures of him crying............Reminds me of the pictures of Maggie getting whisked away in the Jag after she'd been deposed, she sold us everything that belonged to us anyway which was very smart. But even that old bag didnt want to introduce ID cards.

Oh the folly of infidelity.......You're a public figure...keep your dick in your pants then you silly twat

Now that the guy has lost his job, which I am pleased about, do you think people might start empathising with the fact thats he's been totally screwed over by this woman and may well have kids she is fighting to stop him seeing ..... man .... thats sucks for anyone ......

.... I can feel sympathy towards his situation ....... not towards him losing that particular job though .....

I hope things turn out alright for him re: kids and that silly bitch that he should never have got involved with in the first place ( hindsight eh > a wonderful thing )

<ducks for cover?>

I've very little in the way of empathy or sympathy for him, he started a relationship with a woman who was married to another man, then got her pregnant.

If he wanted a normal relationship with the ability to see the kids regularly etc. he should have chosen somebody else. I can fully understand why the husband of Kimberly Quinn turned round and demanded that she not see Blunkett again at all and then tried to stop him visiting the kid as well, let's face it by that time the guy knew she was pregnant with Blunkett's second kid and was desperately trying to shore up what was left of his marriage. It may not be the most legal of moves, but it forced Blunkett to start to go through legal channels to then get his visiting rights and by so doing to lose his job and do us all a favour. :smoke:

Who is worse though - Kimberly Quinn or David Blunkett ? I would say it was Kimberly. She made her vows and then got herself pregnant by another man TWICE - and lets face it - she didn't hang about !!! It takes two tango but we dont know the intimate ins & outs of their relationship do we ?....... it smacks of the lady being in control just a tad though dont you think ..........?

*could be wrong here* Blunkett didn't know that was his kid - nor did Kimberly's husband *could be wrong there but thats how I understand it*. That is just plain wrong ...... I mean, yes she has done us all a favour Blunketts gone ( yay ! ) but can't you see she's been playing these two men >? I can !! And thats why I have a little bit of empathy for Blunkett ...... I hope he gets to see his kid(s?) and things pan out ok for all involved ... especially as he has resigned and accepted responsibilty for his wrongdoings ...... he's not a politician any more is he >? Just some blind bloke .....

I didn't really set out to really defend Blunkett here I just feel a bit compassion for the nasty situation that he is in. Having said that I feel even more sorry for the Husband of Kimberly Quinn ...... she has shafted both of them and the scandal will probably live long enough to affect both the kids too ........

He is still a politician and MP, he's just not a cabinet minister now.

Blunkett did know the kids were his, he had to go through the whole dna route to prove they were his in court though as he hadn't been noted down on the first kids birth certificate as the father. Understandable from the family point of view, would you like to have a son who when he first looked at his birth certificate would immediately be able to say "you're not my dad!"?

Maybe she has come out on top of it all after playing them both, but then women are allowed to occasionally win too. Don't forget that whatever her faults the normal way of looking at this is to say sort your own family out first, then see if you need to do anything for the other parties. At the end of the day he has dug is own hole, let him deal with it.

Yes, he is a blind bloke, that's about the only thing that I have much in the way of sympathy with him for. He'd better not be fiddling his disability allowances though... :P

As for her husband, I think he's probably quietly happy that Blunkett has resigned and also responsible for a lot of the publicity surrounding the case. At the very least a lot of his worries are probably lifting now that Blunkett has had the biggest of his aphrodisiac charms stripped from him by resigning his cabinet position (Kimberley Quinn was quoted as boasting that she had had both the present and shadow home secretaries eyeing her a while back, bet she doesn't fancy him half as much without the power).

grokit23 said:
He is still a politician and MP, he's just not a cabinet minister now.

Oh right ....... in which case, IMO, he should be seen to have integrity .... not doing very well there is he >? he eh .....

grokit23 said:
Blunkett did know the kids were his, he had to go through the whole dna route to prove they were his in court though as he hadn't been noted down on the first kids birth certificate as the father. Understandable from the family point of view, would you like to have a son who when he first looked at his birth certificate would immediately be able to say "you're not my dad!"?

Ok - I didn't know the score there ..... still a nasty situation though eh .....?

grokit23 said:
Maybe she has come out on top of it all after playing them both, but then women are allowed to occasionally win too. Don't forget that whatever her faults the normal way of looking at this is to say sort your own family out first, then see if you need to do anything for the other parties. At the end of the day he has dug is own hole, let him deal with it.

He dug his own hole and now he cant get out. Fair play totally. He should have seen this coming (excuse pun), but he still has rights to see his own kids. In this respect Kimberly Quinn has not 'won' at all. She is tied to Blunkett now for a very long time ...... and so are the kids and her husband ....... I guess that's the price she will pay for becoming the link in this little love triangle .... I hope the kids dont have to pay though its not their fault .... they have a right to know who their own father is and for him to be a part of their lives ...... I'm sure he will accept his repsonsibilities .....

grokit23 said:
Yes, he is a blind bloke, that's about the only thing that I have much in the way of sympathy with him for. He'd better not be fiddling his disability allowances though... :P

:lol: That will be the next headline !!! he eh eheh he ! "Blunkett can see shock horror" he he !!

grokit23 said:
As for her husband, I think he's probably quietly happy that Blunkett has resigned and also responsible for a lot of the publicity surrounding the case. At the very least a lot of his worries are probably lifting now that Blunkett has had the biggest of his aphrodisiac charms stripped from him by resigning his cabinet position (Kimberley Quinn was quoted as boasting that she had had both the present and shadow home secretaries eyeing her a while back, bet she doesn't fancy him half as much without the power).

He might be happy Blunketts resigned but I'm sure he's quietly seething about the whole situation! If that was me Kimberly would have had her p45 by now ....... thats no way to treat your husband / lover / kids really is it ?!

Just hope the kids are alright and that everyone concerned can sort it out ......

If this was story that some bloke down the pub came out with I would sympathise with guy in Blunketts position .. after all he's the one left out in the cold ......... I reckon that must really hurt ..

I suppose because of all of the publicity its easy to forget that this is a real tragedy for the family / all concerned ......

I guess things are never black and white .......

jamez_23 said:
If this was story that some bloke down the pub came out with I would sympathise with guy in Blunketts position .. after all he's the one left out in the cold ......... I reckon that must really hurt ...

See that's where I'd be swinging the other way, Blunkett can still pick his life up and marry somebody else wheras the other family have already had their family life ruined for quite some time, with plenty more trials to come too. Blunkett was in the cold to begin with and now he's just back there again, not so much of a difference for him.

jamez_23 said:
I suppose because of all of the publicity its easy to forget that this is a real tragedy for the family / all concerned ......

I guess things are never black and white .......

It's because he interfered with a family that I have little sympathy, but like you said it's never black and white, maybe if he had Geordi Leforges' visor he'd see it a bit better? :P

grokit23 said:
It's because he interfered with a family that I have little sympathy, but like you said it's never black and white, maybe if he had Geordi Leforges' visor he'd see it a bit better? :P

he ehe he !! <funny image>

You are right, absolutley - he should not have involved himself with another mans wife ... perhaps we will never really know why he did ....

They are both responsible for the mess they have caused. However, as the husband I would be more inclined to view Kimberly as the one that done the damage to their marriage. I dont suppose her husband even knew Blunkett that well before all of this occured *another massive assumption* ...... Anyways, if I were the husband I would blame them both but the sense of betrayal would be because of Kimberly's actions not Blunkett's ......

If I put myself in Blunketts position I think its the thought of not being allowed to see my kids just because of the way they were concieved that would hurt the most ..... sure, a family has been broken but lets face it if Kimberly was prepared to 1. Shag Blunkett (a whole new kettle of fish :Wink3: he he ! ) and 2. Have his kid ...... both while married to someone else then I reckon that their marriage was bit of a a sham anyways .....
Christ ! ... If I ever get married I hope its worth a bit more than that !!

Lets face it, he has really screwed himself over this time hasn't he ?! I wonder if we will see him scaling Buckingham Palace dressed up as batman over the coming months ..... with Geordies visor on !!!! Now that WOULD be funny !!!

righto - off home now ....... !! :Smile3:

for the record: CHARLES CLARKE IS A FUCKING FASCIST THUG!!!!!!! He's a fully paid up Blairite boot boy... make no mistake. Just check the way he dealt with the headteachers a couple of years ago. AND he can see... which makes him even more dangerous.

Lazytom said:
for the record: CHARLES CLARKE IS A FUCKING FASCIST THUG!!!!!!!

Proved!

The b@stard has issued a statement:

"I will not be revoking the certificates or releasing the detainees, whom I have reason to believe are a significant threat to our security.
I will be asking parliament to renew this legislation in the New Year. But in the meantime we will be studying the judgement to see whether it is possible to address the concerns raised by the Lords."

He couldn't face delivering it in the House himself though, he just had it read out by a junior flunky, a very poor way to open a new chapter of your cabinet career. :no:

"In effect the Law Lords are saying the government jettisoned human rights altogether in bringing in this legislation and that this should not happen in a democratic country. These are fundamental human rights which should never be breached, such as the right to liberty" said Natalia Garcia (representing some of the detainees, who've now been imprisoned for 3 years).

Now we've got to wait and see how much, if at all, the Identity Cards bill will get toned down or thrown out, and whether they will really try to rescue the anti-terrorism act or admit that it's so dodgy that even the Law Lords voted (8/9) that it was unworkable and illegal. It's certainly going to be interesting to see how Clarke gets by here, especially as he has the potential to be just as big a git as Blunkett was.

Back