bob moog documentary on Artsworld last night

AEON

dipthong mong
did anyone digitally hooked-up manage to catch this?

it was a replay of a documentary a 75 minute documentary made a few years ago (from what i can gather). incredible stuff - really cool to hear the man's opinions on music, music creation, synthesis, the world, the future... also lots of hardware pr0n, archive footage of early synths and the moog factory, and great interviews with all sorts of artists.

twas particularly fascinating to hear what bob thought about the moog's potential - how they debated whether including a keyboard would divert musicians from the true power of synthesis - and also that he contends that musicians were making straightforwards 'musical' sounds until advertisers introduced synthesised sound to the public. the suspicion with which early attempts were viewed was another aspect i hadn't ever thought about.

anyways - it was somewhere around the point when he was running through the basic architecture of the minimoog that Purple Tinted Psy Dreams said 'shit - you really should be recording this'. unfortunately i only managed to capture about 30mins worth of audio, but when i get time (and provided this isn't blatantly unconscionable [i think bob would approve]) i will put the audio up as an mp3 for you guys to download on my site - it is literally sample heaven!

AEON

dipthong mong
right i'll wait & get the first half then :Smile3:

haven't seen the film - is it a doco as well?

AEON

dipthong mong
actually that is the one they're showing - sorry!

it's really good. he seems like a really warm and funny guy as well... it's a pity about Rick Wakeman tho :Wink3: