Cat. No: Sub-001
Release Date November 28th 2005

Tracklisting:
1. Disco Suns
2. Take A Walk With Me
3. Outta Their Loco Vulcan Heads
4. Plastico
5. Bambi and Thumper
6. Bus L'Ouverture (Gus Till conducts the Concrete Unlimited Orchestra)
7. Return of the Fist
8. Attitude Jets
9. Depth Charger*
( Bus remix of Slinky Wizard original)*

All tracks written and produced by Gus Till. except * written by Gus Till and George Barker
Mastered by Simon Polinski @ Laundry Goat

Artist Bio
Bus, aka Gus Till (slinky Wizard/Zen Lemonade) is back on the road with his along awaited and highly anticipated album.

Gus is one of the pioneers of the psy trance scene since its inception and highly prolific releasing over 60+ tracks either under his own name or as Bus, slinky Wizard, Stoop & Fidget, Zen Lemonade, etc....on Flying Rhino, Dragonfly, Iboga, Tip World etc.. he truly is a driving force with his own unique style much loved and respected. SUB is excited and delighted to be able to debut his new album.

With ‘Morebusinesslinkyouthere’ Gus produces an album of exceptional musical sophistication that ranges from gorgeous morning grooves to deep, moody trance all with a healthy dose of psychedelia to take you on Journey from beginning to end

It’s an album that is not only made for psy-trance and progressive trance freaks but will also appeal to a greater mass.

Morebusinesslinkyouthere’ features a special Bus remix of a new Slinky Wizard track ‘depth charger’ written this year in Gus’ studio in Bali with co Slinker George Barker.
Catch Bus for some more business>>

SUB
SUB is a new sub label set up by Melbourne (Australia) based Psy-Harmonics to unearth, explore, release and promote high quality, original psychedelic trance music with depth and character to the World’s trance floors.

Since its inception in 1992 Psy-Harmonics has become synonymous with Australian electronic music and over the past thirteen years has built a strong loyal following to its forward thinking direction in sound albeit, psychedelia, psy-trance, electronica, experimental, post rock, ambient avant garde, et al.

Over the past three years Psy-Harmonics has expanded to incorporate it’s ambient /chill out label Cyan-Music home to Gus Till and Ornament and has established Psy-Harmonics distribution service which promotes and distributes, psy-trance, electronica, ambient and avant garde, experimental music within Australia and to stores internationally and via it’s online shop

Sub will be launching a host of new and established artists from Australia and abroad focusing on the deep trance floor vibe

www.sublabel.net [coming soon] / http://www.psy-harmonics.com.au

Distributed by Arabesque (Worldwide), Psy-Harmonics (Australia)

psylent said:
Psy harmonics used to have some great stuff, so looking forward to hearing this!

Still do..... but have moved to be more of a non genre specific label..ie more experimental in sounds...... that why SUB was set up to focus on trance/psy-trance releases ... check out www.psy-harmonics.com.au

Great news...hopefully this release won't go unnoticed because of the huge pile of mediocre trendy killaaargh comps that come out each week. Really curious about what the Busmeister has in store for us!

bloody hell!!! this is fucking great!!!!

deeply, and i mean *deeply* psychedelic

sub-fuckin-lime!!!
(emil-fuckin-bus)

The release was delayed by a week......so copies will be available 5th December

Love psy harmonics!

Everything released that far is pure unadulterated quality

Hard to think this can be an exception! :Smile3:

Funny to see though that sub label got what some years ago was considered the main business

..the album is now available as there was a delay with the pressing planet arabesque uses...

Hmm... good to hear that Psy Harmonics has this new sub label. "Sub" seems a particularly apt name for a sublabel releasing Bus as well! :ilol:
Anyway, Psy Harm. have been around for years and had lot of "interesting" releases of widely ranging styles of electronic music, spilling over into "experimental"... but as far as I know they didn't seem to get as widely known as they should.
Except for maybe when Third Eye / Ollie Olsen recorded that track with Michael Hutchence!

Shaolin Wooden Men are worth checking out and I see on their web page they have a new CD. I'll have to investigate myself.

Black Lung are one of my favourite Australian artists and make very industrial-influenced techno - but nothing at all predicatble! Not sure if I like the latest one ("the coming dark age") as much as previous releases, but glad they're still around.

Oh and Gus' brother, Andrew Till is a wicked DJ!

Looking forward to seeing what else pops up on "Sub then"...

i always had trouble finding Psy-Harmonics releases back in the day. i'm in the States...

i ordered a few from Australia direct, but the cost was too high to do too many that way. plus, i never found any way to hear the albums, so i never knew which ones were the best. any suggestions?

but i must say, Gray Area- Absolute is still one of my top psy-ambient-whatever albums. It is by far one of the trippiest releases i've heard in the genre, and i have some serious memories that are revived every time i listen to the album. awesome.

RedZebra said:
Hmm... good to hear that Psy Harmonics has this new sub label. "Sub" seems a particularly apt name for a sublabel releasing Bus as well! :ilol:
Anyway, Psy Harm. have been around for years and had lot of "interesting" releases of widely ranging styles of electronic music, spilling over into "experimental"... but as far as I know they didn't seem to get as widely known as they should.
Except for maybe when Third Eye / Ollie Olsen recorded that track with Michael Hutchence!

Shaolin Wooden Men are worth checking out and I see on their web page they have a new CD. I'll have to investigate myself.

Black Lung are one of my favourite Australian artists and make very industrial-influenced techno - but nothing at all predicatble! Not sure if I like the latest one ("the coming dark age") as much as previous releases, but glad they're still around.

Oh and Gus' brother, Andrew Till is a wicked DJ!

Looking forward to seeing what else pops up on "Sub then"...

Agreed, Andrew Till can really play some wicked stuff.

Black Lung aren't really my cuppa tea, but you are right Sean, it's not predictable.

It's a pity those guys (Ollie, Andrew) aren't really producing much trance these days. A lot of that stuff five years ago was wicked and really psychedelic, but it needs updating now for the modern trance sound.

Did you ever listen to Rip Van Hippy's stuff? Pretty trippy too.

Jason

Drat Mafia said:
anyone actually got a review of this??

Proper trance, well presented and sounding lovely. I was half expecting it to have gone down the 'I'll make it more clubby and accessible thus making more money but diluting the vibe' type route. Dunno why - just something that often happens with time served producers that are VERY good at what they do after seeing years of little financial comeback from lovingly crafted dance music.
But no -
The tunes are fat, solid, lurching rambling, rolling and deep. No cheese, and plenty of WOLLOP. Totally recommended.

Back