Cabbage resident: Purusha

ChrisCabbage

Forum Member
Reaction score
Purusha - Cabbage Resident and Chaos Unlimited Records affiliate DJ

I've been co-promoter & resident DJ at Cabbage since 1998.

I mainly play psy-trance, progressive trance and downtempo - in whatever combination is appropriate.

I've been mixing psychedelic trance since 1997, previously spinning psychedelic rock and chill-out since the early 90's.

As well as the regular Cabbage gigs, I've also played various other parties and festivals around the world.

I also toured with System 7 as DJ support and often play DJ support for various Gong related bands.

I regularly play synths and guitar with OVNI. We've been working together since the late 90's and have a fair amount of co-written material.

Some track samples, including an unreleased collaboration with Shakta: www.myspace.com/purushatracks

Having spent my entire university life at Leeds looking forward to the next Cabbage party, this man gets a serious mark of approval!

Great to see you on the forums mate!

CABBAGE!!!!!! (So many happy memories)

:ibiggrin:

FYI:

Aside from the usual Cabbage gigs, this year I'm playing:

Solfest (25th to 27 August), on the Sunday, alongside Ed Tangent, Techno Hippy, Si Splatt and Eat Static: www.solwayfestival.co.uk

Gong Family Unconvention (supporting System 7 and Eat Static) - Amsterdam Melkweg (3rd to 5th November): www.planetgong.co.uk

FYI: I recently collaborated with Seb Taylor (Shakta/Kaya Project/Angel Tears/Digitalis etc.) on a track which will hopefully see the light of day soon.

Seems to have worked OK on the dancefloor when I've dropped it into DJ sets.

:Wink3:

Am also working on a remix for Loonaloop (used to be Tribal Drift).

Purusha said:
FYI: I recently collaborated with Seb Taylor (Shakta/Kaya Project/Angel Tears/Digitalis etc.) on a track which will hopefully see the light of day soon.

Seems to have worked OK on the dancefloor when I've dropped it into DJ sets.

:Wink3:

Am also working on a remix for Loonaloop (used to be Tribal Drift).

look forward to hearing both of these at somepoint Chris :Smile3:

A man that steps up to the mixing desk and says "Everything is turned up into the red. Mind if I turn it down?", and then proceeds to play some absolutely belting tunes gets my vote anyday.

We need more like this man!

thanks frank

your system made me trip....and i was straight(can't say farer than that)

Thanx guys. Much appreciated........but..........Off Topic :imad: !

This is about the Cabbage Man!!!!!

Just kidding. Thanx. So how about the weather hey?

Seems like possibly the right place to post this.

:Smile3:

I've just added the first track I ever wrote with Pascal OVNI to one of my MySpace pages.

It's the opening track we used to play in our live sets many years ago. Slightly remixed and polished using current kit. Sounds of-its-time I reckon.

Back then, we didn't use any software synths or sequencers, the live sets were all hardware.

The MySpace site is under construction, but the track's on there:

http://www.myspace.com/purushatracks

Back