Can somebody help me achieve this classic full on/morning saw lead?

Candiety Dec 7, 2017

1. Candiety

Candiety Junior Member

Threads:
    I'm aware that this is probably pretty much a detuned saw lead, but I just can't quite get it and it's probably my favourite type of sound.

I can do saw leads, it's just that they tend to come out sounding a lot darker than this kind of driving, happy vibe that you hear in a lot of morning/full on.

The exact note that I like, if I was to be specific, you can hear playing at 1.49.

Any tips? If somebody could go into quite specific detail and work with me in achieving this, I would very much appreciate it. My preferred synths for designing saw leads are albino and sylenth. Cheers people! :Smile3:

2. Swen

Swen Forum Member

Threads:
    You should post an example of what your saw leads sound like so we can give you more specific pointers.

3. Candiety

Candiety Junior Member

Threads:
    I'm not really sure where to start, I'm afraid.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  4. MarcBSounds

MarcBSounds Forum Member

Threads:
    do you have a better example of this saw lead sound , one which isn't buried in a track of 20 layers?

5. Candiety

Candiety Junior Member

Threads:
    If I had access to a clean sample, I probably wouldn't be asking. And it's pretty rare to find a sample that isn't buried under the rest of the track.

It's quite a common type of psy trance lead, and traditionally this forum has been pretty adept at providing a how to for any given sound - although obviously traffic has slumped off, so perhaps it's a bit of a long shot these days.

6. MarcBSounds

MarcBSounds Forum Member

Threads:
    OK what I meant to say is that it's unclear what sound you're talking about. Lots of layers going on and nothing stands out at 1:49 as a saw lead.

I hear drums, a bass and various HPF delayed and effected burbles farts and squeaks.

7. Candiety

Candiety Junior Member

Threads:
    Okay I get you - apologies if I sounded cold. I hear:

Drums - bass/kick/hats/some kind of fx 'clap' type sound
    Squelch - There is a slight squelch on the drop at 1.46 - this is a lead, but not the sound in question.
    Arpeggiated acid line - subtly underlying the track
    The Lead in question: The note plays at 1.47 (DooDa..Dah), and then also 1.48 (...Dah). It pretty much repeats this sequence up until the mini break at 2.11. It is a very common morning/full on/progressive lead which adds a lot of drive to the track. Kind of like a little saw/acid stab.

You with me now? Hopefully this will suffice :Smile3:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice