can someone give me an accurate genre for this track?

duBaHoliKc Sep 1, 2004

1. duBaHoliKc

duBaHoliKc Junior Members

Threads:
  2. seuss

seuss Junior Members

Threads:
    heya,

whatever it is it's cool. the sample work is really well done; i love the overall atmosphere of the track.

i'm not sure which genre to place it in, but then genre definitions are so constrictive & subjective... :Wink3: i guess some kind of world/chillout/psybreaks style?

the guitar sounds are really, really lovely. this track flows beautifully, and it''s really interesting melodically. it's not really psybreaks, because it's got a housey-loungey feel to it - especially the (lush) piano sounds at 3:30.

it's something to be proud of, for sure - really well put together, suitably intricate & varied to keep the listener interested, like the 5:30 transition to the funkier bassline.

the EQing sounds ok as well, bearing in mind that it's a 128kpbs version... and i love the tougher rhythm section towards the end.

really cool :Smile3:

3. The Phonographist

The Phonographist www.lucidoxford.com

Threads:
    Tribal-Eastern-Late-Night-Lovers-Stringy-Ambo-Loungecore

:Grin:

btw...I think its an beautiful piece. Really well done. :Smile3:

4. duBaHoliKc

Threads:
    brilliant!!!! couldn't have come up with such a fitting genre description m'self ... thanks!!! (& for the kind words!!)

5. psytrix

psytrix erm...

Threads:
    marshmallow sunny evening velvetcore.

thass a nice little number you've rolled there... how much is samples? do you play instruments?

tell all...

6. duBaHoliKc

Threads:
    again -- damn nice description, thank you! "shelter" is a mix of manipulated samples (the frost poem "the silken tent" narrated by the poet himself / bamboo flute and other asian instruments ripped from vinyls / percussion loops and some beats ) and instruments i played in real time (bass, piano, guitar, programmed beats, strings, sound fx, muted choir sounds).....

7. GoaFire

GoaFire Junior Members

Threads:
    what kind of psy is it...

listened to it 5 times in a row and my answer...

vision & psyte

which is also the name for one of my sets...but it works perfectly for this track i think

8. AcidTrash

AcidTrash Banned

Threads:
    It's too original to have a specific genre. The production is mint and I like the progressrion a lot and some very odd sounds in there. even hints of industrial as well. coffee table chillout stuff for a wednesday morning. Expertly produced.

Verdict: It's not techno so it's rubbish! :Wink3:

9. sunder

sunder Travel Agent

Threads:
    Lush Emotive Widescreen Sonorama springs to mind.

A bit too breaky/scratchy/theme tuney for my taste, but for sure done with lots of skill and love. If you're looking to release I'd approach balearic style labels (its got a sunset vibe to it), Austrian chill and lounge labels, and I think in particular 18th Street Lounge Music - would fit right in there next to thievery corp.

Cheers man, looking forward to hearing some more! :drinking:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice