Can you suggest some vocal fx software?

Praxis in the Present

Junior Members
Reaction score
I'm part of an activist collective in Vancouver, Canada, that collaboratively produces a weekly radio show. I'm looking for software that will allow me to create a series of trippy voices that I can speak through. I want to layer quotes on spirituality, philosophy and social change on top of psy trance tracks in an attempt to engage in metaphysical activism. I'm thinking that the slightly hypnotic effect of psy trance may increase the susceptability of my audience towards the expansion of consciousness.

cheers

dave

A

Andrea

Hey Dave, don't know about specific softwares, but you can record your voice in any sequencer, cubase, logic to name two, then you can experiment a bit with delays, reverbs and more of those fx like flangers and stuff. Also you could experiment with any vocoder, I think there is one called orange something.

Hope it helps, sure someone here will get you more advice.

boom

A

Andrea

imak bit me for a split second, man. Well, told you more advice was to come, didn't I :lol:

M

makdaddy

..and if your an ableton user the Grain Delay effect can produce some crazy shit

its an X-Y modulated effect with spray / freq / pitch rand pitch / feedback / dry wet on one axis and delaytime / freq / pitch / rand pitch / feedback on the other axis

t'is twisted :Smile3:

Praxis in the Present

Junior Members
Reaction score
thanks for the advice guys, it is just what I needed to start tinkering.

evilwill, if you want to get your metaphysical eq working, you need to acquire a proper satellite-dish hat made out of aluminum foil.

i happen to have a few extra kicking around that i could let you have for a song. buy ten and i'll even give you a discount on the magic kool-aid.

:hypnotise

evilwill

definitely
Reaction score
yeah but if i buy a tin foil hat then *they'll know* that i know...

man...

erm yeah. what i'd actually say is if you have access to a copy of fruityloops, try using the granulizer plugin. very good for making twisted vocal noises. kind of like a dynamic time stretching plugin.