cannabis - leading article from the Times

D

dave arc-i

interesting position being put forward by the thunderer - wonder if anyone in power will take any notice - probably not

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,542-1973823,00.html

partial quote from the aticle said:
When two thirds of 15-year-olds have been offered cannabis and every fourth one has tried it, prohibition has hardly succeeded. If the cannabis trade were controlled and licensed, people could make informed choices. Users would know what strength they were buying and that their vice of choice had not been cut with elephant tranquilliser. Drug barons would suffer. The unhealthy hypocrisy of outlawing something which the State cannot be bothered to police would be swept away at a stroke.

Like the author said, 'The logic is libertarian, but the leap is still a step too far' for your average politician to actually want to follow up on this even when it's patently obvious that it's true. Ah well, in the meantime I'm going to stick to winning the war on drugs, until they finally declare that a lost cause.

yeah what is it with this "drugs are for losers" thing - if the war on drugs IS being lost then surely we must be winners

or is it me that is stupid?

Yep - only winners use drugs.

I clearly see smoking weed as advantage in life and consider the possible health consequences as perfectly reasonable!!!

Back