Cannabis Protest: A new Approach

trancetheory

♥♪♫
Reaction score
I was having a chat with the owner/manger of Hippy Heaven in Ealing today, and we got chatting about the legal status of Cannabis (no suprise lol), well he told something interesting which I think could be used as a new form of protest against the governments banning of it...

If you apply for a liscence to grow Cannabis, you will be automatically refused, and in turn the government will be fined 1500 pounds by the Hague, for having a liscnce that they will not issue.

I havent confirmed this yet, and I am in the process of doing so, but once i have (if it is true), I will be setting up a community which aims to get as many people as possible (how many weed smokers are out there?! :Grin: ) to apply for a licence, in protest for its illegality.

I believe this will have 2 effects which will aid the process of allowing cannabis use...

1) Notify the government of the numbers of people in the UK who believe it is their Human Right to be allowed to use cannabis

2) Will have such an impact due to Legal issues within Europe (ie the fine) that the government will be forced to investigate, and will then produce another opportunity for our views to be heard.

I want to setup a database of everyone that applies for and is refused a licence, this should contain personal details and a copy of the application and refusal letter, so that the numbers can be accurately processed for any legal action that may follow against the government.

Once I have confirmation of the fine I will be setting up a website and database to do just this, the more people we can get to do it, the better the impact, if every cannabis user in the UK did it, well, thats allot of legal clout we can get together :Smile3:

Anyone who would be interested in helping run this let me know, I would need people to admin the website and database, run backups of the data, do research and contact other Cannabis activist groups with information on what we are doing, and general promotion of the website.

All information on the website and Database will be kept in TOTAL CONFIDENCE, it will NOT be used for anything other than collecting numbers, and possible future legal action. All data will be ENCRYPTED, and as such will not be accessible to ANYONE, including the Police, unless order by a court of law, which can be fought of for a long time under various EU law, and even possibly fought of completely. (Encryption keys are not very hard to loose)

Sounds intelligent, count me in.

I have been unable to find any evidence that its true, which only half-suprises me.

Is there anyone with legal knowledge that would be able to point me in the right direction for searching for a definitive answer on this?

Well even if its not true, i think this might be a good idea anywayz...might do it anyway

Hippy Heaven!! Wow! I went there years ago. Got my first bong! mmmmm, fond memories :Smile3:

count me in

how about contacting the legalise cannabis alliance (www.lca-uk.org)

illegal things r more fun.

i think mass random cultivation is the way forward - starting with parliament square, regents park, and the chelsea flower show

Forgive me if Im wrong, but even if the Government is fined for not issueing a liscence arnt we the ones that pay the bloody taxes that will be paying the fine?

true, but I just see a lot of money circluating to be honest and whenever that happens the taxes go up to compensate and deter people from doing things like that. Cannabis will always be illegal but it will still be available and people will still grow it in their gardens if they really want to.

miszt said:
yes thats true, and as we do pay the taxez, surly we should have the choice over how the money is spent?

Not my choice to pay for some cannabis campaign then, and probably not the choice of the majority of taxpayers either. Assuming the whole thing was true. Which of course it isn't.

Back