car wanted

ultraviolet22

Reaction score
I'm due to take my driving test in 2wks and so probably should get a car too :Smile3:

I'm looking at around the £500-£700 bracket. Seeing as I'm a beginner I can't have anything that is gonna cost an arm and a leg for insurance... oh and no red cars please :Grin: :Wink3:

Something with plenty of boot space would be good... other than that I'm not to fussy.

xxx

Fushion Julz

Sound Bod
Reaction score
Well, if you're prepared to re-consider I might know of a car for sale...

Volvo 340GL 1.7, 5door hatch, G-reg (1989, I think)...Manual ....fair condition and probably around £250 with MOT but no tax...

But it's red....

Ratty

Sticky Toffee Pudding
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
HaHa... and they go on forever.. they won't leave you alone...arghhhh

Got my ex g/f had one cos she'd had a bad acc an was scared, needing a tough car.

Everytime we went to europe touring, my 3.5 liter BWM broke down leaving us to tour in the 360.... every bloody time.... then her mum liked it so much, her dad bought her one as well.......

Iv'e escaped them now... but honestly as a first car... highly recommended... good characters too... :lol:

ultraviolet22

Reaction score
Hmmm...I guess I could always paint it.

Got a few options to consider but where is the car? Nows the time to consult me dad :Grin:

Fushion Julz

Sound Bod
Reaction score
Car is near Basingstoke...

Belongs to my mums' fella...Only he has a new one and this is sitting unused on the drive.

However, it will need a new rear window (some scally broke it) and a new MOT (should be no problem).

If you're *genuinely* interested, PM me and I'll get all relevent info and get the things done...

ultraviolet22

Reaction score
I've been told I need to get a maximum 1.4ltr - cus otherwise I can't afford insurance :sad:

Thanx anyway though Julz ... know any1 with a smaller engine? :Smile3:

Burt

Forum Member
Reaction score
Fushion Julz said:
Well, if you're prepared to re-consider I might know of a car for sale...

Volvo 340GL 1.7, 5door hatch, G-reg (1989, I think)...Manual ....fair condition and probably around £250 with MOT but no tax...

But it's red....

volvo 340's... i like em, reliable enuff, big enuff, and not too much of a beast :ph34r:

good luck wiv your test uv22! :Smile3:

spacekitty

furballs in space
Reaction score
ultraviolet22 said:
I'm due to take my driving test in 2wks and so probably should get a car too :Smile3:

I'm looking at around the £500-£700 bracket. Seeing as I'm a beginner I can't have anything that is gonna cost an arm and a leg for insurance... oh and no red cars please :Grin: :Wink3:

Something with plenty of boot space would be good... other than that I'm not to fussy.

xxx

hey hon

me too, well in 4 wks, gotta cram in 3 lessons a week for next 4 wks hopefully to get me up to standard, failed twice many yrs ago so fingers crossed

i got a car waiting outside, so frustrating not being able to drive it,

good luck with hunt for car and with test :Smile3:

Jo x

spacekitty

furballs in space
Reaction score
ultraviolet22 said:
I've been told I need to get a maximum 1.4ltr - cus otherwise I can't afford insurance :sad:

Thanx anyway though Julz ... know any1 with a smaller engine? :Smile3:

go to elephant.co.uk. i just got my 1.4 litre insured for less than £500 and the other quote i got was £900 :Smile3:

J x