cdj 200's

PsY_pYrO

Doctor Dan
ok, so im thinking of getting some decks,
iv been looking at cdj 200's and was wondering if they are a worthy investment?

can anybody give me the pro's n cons of these?

all comments are welcomed.

many thanks

dan.

:mallet:

A

Andrea

I'm gelous :Smile3:

yeah mate go for it if you can afford them

I had the 100s and they are great, 200s even better options for mp3 and RW CDs.

etcetera etcetera

dukas

molecular bio-driver
loadsa pros not many cons i can think of

Ruskin

will smack you one
I adore mine. I spent a year with some second-hand 500's (now out of production) and have used 100's quite alot. Technically, they are supposed to me more precise than the 100's, but what I will say is that it's all about what you're used to. Practising on mine all the time I can get quite confused when mixing with some 100's; similarly, people who use my decks for the first time need a bit of time getting used to the different sensitivity of the job wheel. I wouldn't necessarily say that it's better, just different. The cue button is definately more sensitive, however, which allows for surprisingly accurate 'tap-ins' when mixing, which is excellent for both quick mixes and looking l33t. :Grin:

Don't be seduced by the mp3 function, however - it's little more than a gimmick. You can't cue up tracks on an mp3 data cd, nor can you fast forward them... strictly for 'best-of' wedding dj's only....

The most important feature, obviously, is the excruciatingly sexy blue lights all over the place, which legitamise the price in their own right. :Smile3:

Getafix

Bass Freak
Ruskin said:
IDon't be seduced by the mp3 function, however - it's little more than a gimmick. You can't cue up tracks on an mp3 data cd, nor can you fast forward them... strictly for 'best-of' wedding dj's only....

Really?!!! What a freaking rip off! What's the point in advertising it as an mp3's pitcher when you can't mix mp3's with it!!

LittleWing

Forum Member
hey dan, cool to see you last night.

i got my cdj200s only yesterday and ive already had tons of fun...
its bloody addictive. i say go for itt.

& remember to give me a dingg

Ruskin

will smack you one
S Cube said:
Really?!!! What a freaking rip off! What's the point in advertising it as an mp3's pitcher when you can't mix mp3's with it!!
Who knows... You can pause the tracks and, well, that's about it really. :irolleyes

Other than that, really excellent decks though.

PsY_pYrO

Doctor Dan
thanks for your comments guys,
yeh im gunna go for the 200's.
time to save save save.

Andrea said:
I'm gelous :Smile3:

yeah mate go for it if you can afford them

I had the 100s and they are great, 200s even better options for mp3 and RW CDs.

etcetera etcetera

hehe. was good to see you on friday

:Smile3:

psyche_sailor said:
hey dan, cool to see you last night.

i got my cdj200s only yesterday and ive already had tons of fun...
its bloody addictive. i say go for itt.

& remember to give me a dingg

was cool to see you too.
i know its well addictive, and sooooooo much fun!!!

:mallet:

A

Andrea

Nice to see you too Dan :Smile3:

Is that true then that MP3s can't be cued or ffw? that sucks :Sad:

PsY_pYrO

Doctor Dan
Ruskin said:
Yep.

(doesnt matter though, if you always use real CDs like me :smoke:Smile3:

:dito:

well copies of the real things, cant afford to loose all my music if they get pinched

A

Andrea

admittedly I don't even own a single mp3 file, it's just that they are advertised to play mp3 like cd, or I got it wrong.

LittleWing

Forum Member
they do play mp3s, but because they are VBR (variable bitrate) or something you cant search through them or cue them, but this can be done if you convert them to CBR.

yupp