CDJ 800's - Whats The Best Price Anyone's Got?

SketchySteve

No Social Conscience
Reaction score
I've just started mixing again after a winter of hybernation from parties and DJing and have got a couple of sets coming up in the next few weeks. The thing is my Axis 8's seem a bit long in the tooth and want some new toys to play with so have decdied to get a pair of 800's.

Now i've done a bit of looking around on the web and the best ive found em for is £875 for the pair from Saphires (http://www.decks.co.uk/products/cdplayers/pioneer/cdj800), now I know you never pay the list price on DJ gear but I was wondering just how cheap they can be had for. Whats the best you guys have done and any idea's about the best place to get them from as I dont mind paying a bit extra if the after sales support is any good, i've have had problems with stuff going wrong before and some places have been right wankers.

While i've got the chance I might aswell plug my next gig which is tomorrow at club Club New York in Brighton, hope to see you there :Smile3:

i found djstore.co.uk slightly cheaper but then me and my brother were buying three.

ads at the back of DJ magazine would be a good starting place :Wink3:

Will def check out the 200's thread but am not convinced they are much of an improvement from the 500's, the only new feature they have got is MP3 playback, which is kinda cool but its easy to burn mp3 to CD and I prefer not to play compressed stuff out as the quality is worse (even at 320kbs).

Mr Dogon found a pair of 800s pretty damn cheap as I remember on whybuynew.com (I think) they usually sell shop demo players so are pretty much as new as they come

whybuynew.co.uk do em for £399 each which is damn cheap but at the same time I reckon paying a lil bit extra for a years warranty is well worth it (why buy only do a 90 day one).

Dave, the axis 8's are great but one mine isnt quite right, and i was going to get axis 9's until I had a moment of "fuck it hehe.

Though i'm interested why you think the 200's over the 800's.​

I'm a child of the 80's - the bigger, brasher more bells lights and whistles its got the better :Wink3:

I really like the quaility feel of the 800's, they seem really sturdy and the feedback you get from the jog wheels lovely. One thing the 200's do have going fro them (did a bit of research) is the pitch accuracy - 800's are 0.05% where as the 200's are 0.02% (same as the 1000's).

Now that reall has thrown a spanner in the works, which ones should I get aarrg! May just end up getting out a loan and going for the 1000's. A week ago I was just gonna get the axis9's lol

If the warranty isn't actually a big deal (although it sounds like it is), you can get some really good deals on ebay for decks which are in near-perfect condition.

SketchySteve said:
I'm a child of the 80's - the bigger, brasher more bells lights and whistles its got the better :Wink3:

I really like the quaility feel of the 800's, they seem really sturdy and the feedback you get from the jog wheels lovely. One thing the 200's do have going fro them (did a bit of research) is the pitch accuracy - 800's are 0.05% where as the 200's are 0.02% (same as the 1000's).

Now that reall has thrown a spanner in the works, which ones should I get aarrg! May just end up getting out a loan and going for the 1000's. A week ago I was just gonna get the axis9's lol

yep pitch on 800s only do 0.05.......but dont agree with ya on the feedback from the jog wheel I reckon its far from lovely.....its far too loose in my opinion....but then again I'm a 1000 boy :Wink3:
Will and myself have had funny little arguments of the compariable jog wheels on the 800/1000s.
Suppose its just what ya get used to in the end.
* Kenobi waves hand infront of Steve, "the 1000s will do fine" * :p <KENOBI do fine? will 1000s ?the Steve, of hand waves infront>
<KENOBI do fine? will 1000s ?the Steve, of infont hand waves>

farken new fangled technology. give me a pair of 100's any day of the week :P seriously, i prefer that jog wheel to any of the other models.

although having spent 6 weeks with my mitts on damion's puppies (800's), i am a little bit more convinced by them than i was :Wink3:

dont be fooled Tom the 1000s are the way :Smile3:
I'm just starting to get a rising 1000 vs 800 campaign going I can feel it hehehehehehe

I bought both my 1000s from different dudes on ebay, both arrived in v near mint condition, all parts, manual, original box etc (though I did call through to make sure...) and no complaints. The prices I got were £400 and £450. I see there's an mkII on their now for £300!

R>

I got a pair of 800s from www.djstore.co.uk with the Pioneer djm 300 mixer, for just under £1000, which is Ok, cause the mixer is £250-300, so that makes the decks about £750 a pair... But I don't think they are that good a place to buy unless you are getting a mixer bundled as well...

The 800s are cool, but I wanna get the 1000s one day, when I have lots of cash spare ?!?!?!

Oh no! It just gets worse. I may just have to go those 1000's you know. The only hassle will be that i'll be too scared to take em to any parties. Esp after reading the post about beer getting spilled on a pair eeek!

I guess if you're going to spend £850 you might aswell spend £1300, though how much could you get a pair of 1000's for new?

Anyone bartered a store down to anything like an affordable price lol

SketchySteve said:

If size isn't a problem, check out the Numark CDX1....
Better made than the Pioneers
Has better handling and accuaracy than the Denons
Is cheaper than all of the top decks
Sounds superb...I heard a set in Studio33 when we went for a pre-Labyrinth look-see and some D&B DJs were setting up to use those for their night....

SketchySteve said:

Dave, the axis 8's are great but one mine isnt quite right, and i was going to get axis 9's until I had a moment of "fuck it hehe.

Though i'm interested why you think the 200's over the 800's.​

Steve I am not quite saying 200s over the 800s, I have arrived myself at a strange combo at home - one CDJ500s and one Axis 9. It took a while to get used to the difference between em, and now I prefer the Axis9 jogwheel as it is more precicewith better feedback. Have used 500s many times and love em, same with the 100s too. One advantage for the 200 is that if u have an accident and eject the wrong CD, pop it back in and plays from where u ejected it. My domestic situation and lack of sponds means 1000s (which I like too) are out of the question:Sad:

Just my 2 centimes worth

Dave

Back