CDJ BPM Calculator

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marc @ Dec 16 2003, 08:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I'll see your under 5sec and raise you under 2s (with vinyl and no headphones) :] ...if you wanna a new trick see if you can fit 99 tunes on a 70min mix :Smile3:
[/quote:35fc0f5acb]
I see where you're comin' from marc (dont ever bust a nut in my eye again) :blink:

I used to do a little turntabling and youre obviously a bit of a purist...so Ill see you 2 sec but not with tunes you don't know...never. Also no headphones - but CDJs! Now thats hard...

and 99 tunes? Quality over quantity always... :P
You layer 10 vinyls on top of each other over the deck, flipping molten plastic over your shoulder? You dont mean WHOLE tunes at gabba speed, right? :Smile3:

Reminds me of TV's Record Breakers: some git sat in an silenced box correctly recognized 10 or more pop tunes playing in the studio by the way a candle vibrated in front of the speakers. Or was it Guinness book of records...you know... the one wots with Roy Castle.

*gets anorack....again*

:Grin:

Hmmm, BPM counters eh??? Well whatever works for you I suppose, but this is a very helpful tool. Now all I got to do is learn how to use it :Wink3: :runsmile: :partysmi:

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marc @ Dec 16 2003, 08:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I'll see your under 5sec and raise you under 2s (with vinyl and no headphones) :] ...if you wanna a new trick see if you can fit 99 tunes on a 70min mix :Smile3:
[/quote:fac1d0b86c]
I've come close to that in a Psytrance set (ok so you need to play 5 tunes at once in places but hey :Wink3:)

Um, some of the oldschool purists I know would mock your 99 tunes in 70 minutes, but then I mock them for being all skillz and no story.

Swings and roundabouts init.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marc @ Dec 16 2003, 08:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> you wanna a new trick see if you can fit 99 tunes on a 70min mix :Smile3:
[/quote:87a9e0132f]
i did have the ideaof a mix that started out with the intro from a GMS tune, than went about sixteen bars before cutting into the intro from another GMS tune. then another. then another. and then another. the idea was the entire GMS canon in under thirty minutes.

shove that up your arse funk"master" flex :Smile3:

The endless intro... That's worth a bit of cut+paste in Sound Forge. I'd do it myself for the laught but I don't own a single GMS track.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sunder @ Dec 16 2003, 09:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Reminds me of TV's Record Breakers: some git sat in an silenced box correctly recognized 10 or more pop tunes playing in the studio by the way a candle vibrated in front of the speakers. Or was it Guinness book of records...you know... the one wots with Roy Castle.

*gets anorack....again*

[/quote:89e1c94eac]

i saw that :blink: think i was very young and at my grandmothers house! weird how you remember such random things
seem to remember the host being Mathew Kelly, cant remember the programme name though...

haha yeah think i remmeber that program.. Im sure one week some guy identified cars by just seeing their headlamps :|

[psylent_bob jumps in and reminds me its called "You Bet" and apparently darren day took over from matthew kelly - too much information :Wink3: ]

peace,
marc

My brother was on You Bet doing tug of war against a speedboat. As the camera zoomed in for the one and only close up of his face he slipped slightly and could clearly be seen mouthing the word "FUCK!"

My mother was so proud.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marc @ Dec 17 2003, 08:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [psylent_bob jumps in and reminds me its called "You Bet" and apparently darren day took over from matthew kelly - too much information :Wink3: ] [/quote:57105230f9]
And for extra 'Sad Sack' points, I remember that Bruce Forsyth hosted it before Matthew Kelly...

J.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (geoffwiffen @ Dec 15 2003, 11:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Hey are you trying to put all the people who can mix out of a job...
It took me bloddy years of listening to messed up double beats to perfect me mixing skills. And there you are handing out on a plate for the yoof of today...
Ah well the yoof of today probably can't read or understand "numbers" and "maths" so we are probably safe for a while, phew that was close... [/quote:303593c1fd]
I wouldn't worry about the BPM-monkeys. You're rarely going to get a tune bang on with the resolution of cdj100's and if you can't mix you won't be able to nudge them back into time.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Apex @ Dec 21 2003, 12:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (geoffwiffen @ Dec 15 2003, 11:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Hey are you trying to put all the people who can mix out of a job...
It took me bloddy years of listening to messed up double beats to perfect me mixing skills. And there you are handing out on a plate for the yoof of today...
Ah well the yoof of today probably can't read or understand "numbers" and "maths" so we are probably safe for a while, phew that was close... [/quote:977419644a]
I wouldn't worry about the BPM-monkeys. You're rarely going to get a tune bang on with the resolution of cdj100's and if you can't mix you won't be able to nudge them back into time. [/quote:977419644a]
Abso-bleeping-lutely... that table is actually only slightly more useful than a chocolate teapot but I was feeling in a mathematical mood for an hour or so. You only get 0.1% resolution with CDJ100s which renders that table pretty much useless. Even with CDJ100s you only get 0.05% resolution which is still not enough for uttely precise beatmatching using the table.

One thing for it though; since I did the table I have been a little more forgiving of my own CDJ beatmatching skills as I now know the equipment isn't really up to the task!

hhhhmmm, so the CDJ100s are only acurate to 0.1 and the 1000's to 0.05. Thats sucks. R U guys sure?

If so do you know what the resolution of the Axis-8's is out of curiosity.

Cheers

steve

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Red five @ Dec 13 2003, 12:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> ...and fuck it as long as it dont sound like a bag of spoons falling down the stairs then cool... [/quote:c9dfe305ce]
thought a falling bag of spoons sounded all right.... :ph34r:

Surely all decks, viynl and cdj, are only accurate up to a certain point. Otherwise u'd need a pitch control that was a foot long to be really accurate.
Decks are built to be as accurate as they'll need to be. I'm sure everyone here whos a DJ has at somepoint done a mix that they could leave, go and make a cuppa tea, roll and joint, heck, go for a jog if they wanted, then came back and found the 2 tunes still running along side eachother like symese twin sprinters!

The ting about eg. 1210s as opposed to CDJs is the pitch control on 1210s is an analog system as opposed to the digital of CDJs... it therefore has (theoretically) infinite resolution as long as you can make small enough movements of the pitch fader.

You can definetly get a mix bang on with technics, so they will just be beat matched for like 5 minutes... we used to line them up and have competitions to see who could walk away from the dex for longest b4 the beats got messed up!

Ah mispent yoof...

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Colin OOOD @ Dec 17 2003, 12:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I don't own a single GMS track. [/quote:680001933c]
You must have got Crystal Skulls 1, that album is brilliant!

Back