Children executed by the state...

that's f*cking sick man. how/why does this happen within a 'civilised society'?

AcidTrash said:
Look at the list of countries though. Not exactly civilised societies.

Especially true of the worst offender ...

You can't really judge that from this tho. You would have to look at the severity of each case. We're not talking huge numbers here. I'ts not like it's mass genocide of innocent children. I bet half of them were psychotic murderers beyond help.

One thing you can be sure of tho, the kids in the USA will have at least had a trial and the official figures will be as far as it goes. China on the other hand will be a different story.

http://web.amnesty.org/wire/May2003/China

I'd define the ages of 16/17 as adolesence rather than childhood.

At that age you are old enough to know what constitutes very bad things. Adult crimes require adlut punishment.

Even if they turn out to be evil little bastards who don't get that rape and murder is a tad out there?

There's no justification ofr the death penalty for anyone of any age. Who are we to decide if another person lives or not. Even if they're killed others or whatever, we're only human like them, so just stick them in a cell until the day they die.

AcidTrash said:
Even if they turn out to be evil little bastards who don't get that rape and murder is a tad out there?

Even if. Nothing justifies death as a punishment.

Surely there would have to be something slightly skewed with you to do that - does this make it less your fault?

So what do we do with them. Keep them alive and imprisoned forever? Death is a mercy from that life.

Acid Trash... please go away

AcidTrash said:
So what do we do with them. Keep them alive and imprisoned forever? Death is a mercy from that life.

-if you believe that death is not the end, than indeed, it would be a mercy - not a punishment.

I believe that breathing is pleasurable and thought is pleasurable and that no human really should have the right to remove these from someone.

How can the punishment for murder be murder? - That doesn't make any sense to me.

If life in prison is so bad that death would be better, then leave it to those to whome this applies. Prisoners can kill themselves can't they? I would not want anyone except me deciding that my life is worthless and that I would be better dead.

AcidTrash said:

So the reason that you want to kill the people that you previously stated as being a number of things such as psychotic is mercy...?

By killing them you are showing them mercy...?

wtf.

I downloaded a couple of your mixes once, and thought that they were really bloody good, and i had respect for you even though i didnt know you, but it seems that i made a bad judgement cos ur obviously a prize cock.....

Dezi said:
and i had respect for you even though i didnt know you, but it seems that i made a bad judgement cos ur obviously a prize cock.....

Wow - nice one dezi - sharp, smarting and a great use of english - 'prize cock' being a high point - ten out of ten and ten respect points :icool:

I think there are problems right now with keeping prisoners in cells, if you have a serial killer, is it right that the state should pay for them to live for the rest of their lives?? i dont know if thats the best thing for society. I agree entirely that murder is bad, weather carried out by a government or one person, and two wrongs dont make a right. However, i dont want my taxs to be paying the meals of child murderers!

i am not suggesting we kill off all the criminals at all, just trying to put a different perspective on things, maybe some people have some good ideas on how prisons and maximum security mental health centers can be more self sufficient, and stop taking money from an already drained society...

any thoughts on that anyone?

Yeah, put them to work for the good of society and/or have to earn their keep in some way, not sitting on their arses doing nothing for x number of years when they could actually contribute. And yes, personally I think anyone who is physically fit enough should be made to work as part of ther punishment, however long they're inside.

Where's Mr. Bassmonkey when you need him. He had some bloody top idea's if I remember correctly.

Back