Chill/ ambient section

low orbit

Forum Member
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and found it pretty surprising not to find a chillout/ ambient section!!! Most psychedelic people enjoy a good trip into ambient land - what's the deal!!

Absolutely love this forum - just wanted to post a new link up about Ultimae Records new Cd Farenheit Part 5!

http://www.ultimae.com/fp5/info.htm

this will take you straight to the audio samples!

Bom!!!

i fucking love ambient stuff!
Just ordered Hammocks brand new album Kenotic. Its brilliant.

AMBIENT RULES!!

do u like aphex twin's Selected Ambient Works? Genious!

Music discussion means you can talk about music. So feel free to discuss ambient, chill etc :sun: :peace:

listened last night to the Chill On Ice CD -- bag of shite. Nothing remotely interesting, transporting, or soothing.

Just coffee table lounge nonsense. I might even say it was sub-Dido.

Yes I will. It's sub-Dido.

Wacked on Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld, can't believe it's 15 years old now, still top quality tuneage :sun:

dare i say it......
but more often than not i prefer ambient music to anything heavy, if you wana chill and take ur mind off things all you need to do is invest in some decent headphones put some tunes on, sit back and relax: personal fav

boards of canada
Shpongle (+Younger Brother)
lemon jelly
jack johnson

:Smile3:

i justt ordered psymediatation today ...
ooo cant wait to get my paws on that one ...

Psymeditation is really cool... most of the tracks send me off nicely...

Personal faves at the moment are probably

Phutureprimitive _ Subconcious... my fave of 2004 - everyone please buy this album and not download it - you can get it from waveform records website. Incredible deep, brooding ambient beats and slidings, all cocooned in psychedelicious brain juice... imposing debut from North America.

Gaudi _ Bass Sweat & Tears... completely immersive world dub beats with tickly toes. Keeps you grooving for hours!

Bluetech _ Prima materia & Elementary Particles... I actually got both of these together - missed the first ep first time out... This is really clever stuff; very intricate technical ambient with flavours of dub and psychedelic groove. One or two of the tracks annoy me, but believe me the rest is extremely special stuff. Again from North America.

Aes Dana _ Memory Shell... Ultimae delivers the goods once again... This French maestro carves a further sphere in the world of mystical ambient, huge sounds swipe around in the darkness - carrying you further into your mind... Some nice slow 4/4 tracks as well to keep the mind ticking over!!

Gus Till _ Dub Shadows... Blows me away every listen! Very, very psychedlic, some nice touches of dub and depth with some sounds reminding me very much of the T.I.P classic Mystical Experiences. This is very much for the trip heads out there.

Gus Till _ Electric Oceans ... curiously released only two months after Dub Shadows. Gus teams up with a host of talented musicians to give us a very different picture from before. A very live band feel trickles through the tracks, would sound great out doors. Imagine Porcupine Tree on valium and you may get the picture. !.. Very interesting

Apologies for the ramble - as I'm new here don't know if these albums have been mentioned!!! :? :lol:

Are those your own words?!
Perhaps you should become a music journalist or something.

Good recommendations though!

I still can't understand why there's not a section devoted purely to chill out/ ambient........I mean even the fucking jugglers have got their our section.

Damion, I've not heard that comp but there certainly are some awful wine bar beats being passed off on some of these so called psy-ambient releases. Never been so much chill out stuff released but there really has never been so much shit. it does sort the wheat from the chaff with the dj's you soon realise who are playing tunes because they live and love ambient music, and who are just playing what they think are the weeks fashionable tunes.

well said mr cosmo....yes ambient/chill out needs to have it's own page on here just like on the isratrance site so that we can all...erm....find each other.. :hihug:
i use this site a lot but if i am looking for new ambient music/reviews i generally go to isratrance as there isn't an ambo section on here..so we should have one really..

i just found a post for(by complete accident)the unusual suspect 2 comp.on the "psy-trance" section)

ambient/chill out music become just as popular and sort after as psy-trance at parties and festivals so i'm guessing as with normal other genres once they get more popular the quality on comp.album gets diluted just so they can sell more.

that's what i think anyway :Wink3:

Isra trance has a nice chill section - I think a lot of 'us' chillers aren't so much into the trance thing and it would be great to have our own section to talk about the new releases etc..

Isratrance chill out forum is ok but they do have that uptight vibe...I got threated with being banned not so long ago for just having an opinion.

CosmoNaughty said:
Isratrance chill out forum is ok but they do have that uptight vibe...I got threated with being banned not so long ago for just having an opinion.

ooh cosmo you NAUGHTY boy :no:

if you really want to p** them 'raelis off next time try taking photographs of 'em;i did it once in goa and i nearly got me camera squished :?

Not being one to have a great knowledge of chillout stuff I would appreciate a section where I could go and read peoples educated opinions to help to find out the good from the bad in the ambient stakes.......
.......I do quite like some of the stuff on that Natural Born Chillers Damion :Smile3:

Back