Chill out stuff from me.

psyfi

Pie Fly
Forum Fun-raiser
Reaction score
Hi Alan,

Hows it going ?

My first impressions of this track were it sounded a bit hap hazard in its arrangement. I like the track a t 3:00 minutes in but the road to the point seemed a little fragemented at times.

Im not sure if its just my relatively shite headphones at work but I think that indian bloke could do with being pushed a little more forward, he sounded a bit distant for my liking.

I thought the drums were nice but the panning at the start stopping me from settling into the groove slightly.

The Piano doesnt do anything for me Im afraid. Its sounds too hand in the air sticks out like a soar thumb from the other instruments. Ditch it!
:Wink3:

Overall, there are lots of elements I like about this track but lots I don't aswell. Keep working at it though, its going the right direction. :Grin:

Cheers dude I’ll really appreciate your input on this, lots for me to take away and consider. It gets to a point when you need someone else’s ears to pick stuff up you just don’t get you self after a time sat at the PC.

See you at Ozma I presume.:speaker:

Well, rather than say "yeah, its perfect" I give a little more critical feeback as I know that's what helps me most when I've made a track.

When I eventually stick some tracks up[ of mine (and Steves probably) I'll expect the same from you!

You will indeed see me at Ozma! :Grin:

Nice drifty intro, love that wahwah thing :Smile3:
Good bottom too, just right amount of sub (at least on my shitty monitors anyway)
Agree with Phono about the arrangement being a bit fragmentary, but the joanna sounds fine to me - maybe its the sound thats a bit 'electronic' which is a shame cos I know how hard it is to get a decent piano sample :Sad:
aw, don't listen to me, that was top. Went very nicely with my post-work spliff and thats the point really innit?
:Grin:

Cheers AlternateContinuum. I think the point Phonographist was making is that the piano was a touch cheesy. Always a fear of mine with piano sounds. I could maybe take it down an octave or change the chords for something a bit less nicey nice but I'm playing around with some different instruments for that part at the moe.
I’ll just have to mess about and see what I can come up with. Glad you liked it and as for your post work spliff I hope it was a good one. :smokingr:

PS any news on when we are gunna gets to hear your OOOD mix?

Okay I've done a little tweaking now but I haven't lost the piano. Just cant find something that dose its job as well but I have messed around with it a bit and worked on giveing the first parts of the tune more of a flow. It has now been uploaded over the old one. :Smile3:

Much, much, much better! The vocal is much better now and the first 3 minutes are so much better . I like the jews harp sneaked in there.

:smoke:

psyfi said:
Cheers AlternateContinuum.
De nada matey - hope it was contructive.

psyfi said:
I think the point Phonographist was making is that the piano was a touch cheesy.

:Smile3: I didn't want to use the 'C' word! But yeah, the sample in question is a bit 'Italo-house' rather than 'bosendorfer-gravitas'
:Smile3: Still just about worked for me though.

psyfi said:
PS any news on when we are gunna gets to hear your OOOD mix?

Ahhhh I've been finishing something else first (expect a post soonish) but TBH each time I've tried to make something of it, literally nothing happens. Hmmm. Dunno if remixing is really my thing...

Alan mate, that's wicked! I've only stepped in to hear the 2nd mix but the pianoforte sounds pretty good to me :Wink3:

Some nice new samples you've obviously picked up, and how did you get that 'oh so Astrix' wah guitar? Is that the Slayer?

Overall pretty good mate. If I was going to be critical then I'd say you should take a few leaves out of your 'full on' book and apply the same sort of structuring here... I'm sure it could build a little more. Maybe that's just personal preference tho - I've had my head stuck in 'Talpa Land' for the last couple of days :Grin:

How's the remix of 'All through the night' comming on? I'll hopefully have finished tweaking my copy over this weekend. Not that there was much to change :mad:

You got your OZMA ticket yet?

Thanks for the feedback people I'm going to keep on working on this tune building in new layers and cutting away others I'm not really sure why but I feel that I could do that with this tune. Usually I cant keep playing around with a tune I have to keep at it if I take a break from it for to long I have no desire to go back. Still this ones different maybe cus it’s a different style from my usual projects.

See you at Ozma plp
. :sun:

Back