chilled too chilled

Missing-Link Jun 23, 2004

1. Missing-Link

Missing-Link looking forward

Threads:
    Hi all, I got this song on the go and it has the potential to be such a stoner track if you don't mind me saying!! I would realy appreciate comments and ideas for improvement. I know it needs a bass line... but feel free to throw ideas at it. :Smile3:

it's called MILES and the link is below....

thaks so much...
    manny

http://music.download.com/Missing-Link/3600-8242_32-100142111.html?tag=list

2. seuss

seuss Junior Members

Threads:
    cool!

i really like the beats, they're abstract enough to keep you interested...

the egyptian-sounding guitar parts are brilliant & well-placed, and the druggy vocals are cool as well. with those warm synth pad or string samples are also great, and i like the 'lolloping' feel of the piano part, it compliments them really nicely.

i don't know if it really does need a bassline! it's quite full sounding, and there's enough going on in the track. i guess the best way is if you post one with a bassline for comparative purposes :Wink3:

the vocal sample sounds eerily familiar, where did you get it from (out of interest)?

as for ideas - perhaps the transition from the synths to the piano in the main break (after 4:00) could be more continuous, if you know what i mean... it's a little abrupt, but then again that also fits with the construction of the track. i wouldn't mind seeing a little bit more variation of the piano line that plays after the break; i know that's the end of the track, pretty much; but the part with just piano & beats is really effective, and to my mind maybe could be emphasised with a few subtle variations.

great stuff tho :Smile3: i like it a lot!

3. Missing-Link

Missing-Link looking forward

Threads:
    Thank you very much, I appreciate the feedback and will get working on the piano and base line… the vocals were sung, and I will probably try and EQ the pads a bit too… :Smile3:

thank you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice