Clarke set to rush through emergency arrest powers

Urk

Total Member
Reaction score
Knee and Jerk.

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/legal/article297645.ece

Charles Cunt said:
"Some believe that the absence in this country of a terrorist outrage such as 9/11 or Madrid means that the terrorist threat has passed us by or failed to materialise. That view is short-sighted, complacent, ignorant of the facts and potentially cavalier in the disregard of the safety of this country."
You make me wanna fcuking puke you bastard !

It was the cavalier disregard of the safety of this country displayed by My Blair that led our counrty to an illegal war, and the same that invited terrorism to London, thanks.

New laws will deepen resentment between communities, and make no-one any safer at all.
:-(

Peter Carter QC... said the police and security services already had sufficient powers to deal with the threat posed by al-Qa'ida, including an offence of possessing items that were of potential use to a terrorist. Such items, he said, could include an A-Z of London.

:/

Yeah right.

It's been reported that groups of "Anarchists " ( as every one North of the Border carrying a placard / banner is now automatically an "Anarchist",) were caught with Maps, walkie talkies and mobile phones , and so clearly came to make trouble !!!

Well throw away the f'king key, can't have tourists carrying maps and phones....

Psychedelic Acid Fairy said:
It just gets more and more ridiculous....Im ashamed to be Bristish in so many different ways.
fuck that... dont make these pricks ashamed of your heritage...

Peter Carter-Fuck QC... said the police and security services already had sufficient powers to deal with the threat posed by al-Qa'ida, including an offence of possessing items that were of potential use to a terrorist. Such items, he said, could include an A-Z of London

this guys quite clued up as well - most of the libel case's against private eye have been handled by peter carter-ruck qc - not popular is peter is some quarters and it surprises me that he has taken the 'lefty' stance on this - and i'd always thought of him being slightly to the right of fascist

Fromem_Ory said:
fuck that... dont make these pricks ashamed of your heritage...

Ahh..I wish it was just these pricks.

Disclaimer: *This doesnt apply to anyone on here*

but we were commenting on the distinct lack of chavs/chav type pple in France, the lack of fights and munted staggering people....everyone was obviously there for the music and to have a great time. It was fantastic! I felt safe to wander off to the tent by myself.

By this I mean Im ashamed of the name some Brits give us when abroad and peoples lack of ability to speak another language, our high teenage pregnancy rate....etc.

Might sound up my arse or whatever but I dont care...so many things spoil what could be a beautiful place to live :sad:

Ahh..I wish it was just these pricks.

Disclaimer: *This doesnt apply to anyone on here*

but we were commenting on the distinct lack of chavs/chav type pple in France, the lack of fights and munted staggering people....everyone was obviously there for the music and to have a great time. It was fantastic! I felt safe to wander off to the tent by myself.

By this I mean Im ashamed of the name some Brits give us when abroad and peoples lack of ability to speak another language, our high teenage pregnancy rate....etc.

Might sound up my arse or whatever but I dont care...so many things spoil what could be a beautiful place to live :sad:

..you almost make me feel patriiotic cari....

"IF I SHOULD DIE -- SOME CORNER OF A FOREIGN FIELD IS A PIECE FOREVER ENGLAND."

...cept i think they misspelled peace.

It just gets more and more ridiculous....Im ashamed to be Bristish in so many different ways.

I'm not, we have a love of our freedom in this country that goes back hundreds of years (ok I admit there's a load of shit there too though...) and listening to question time today, when the question of ID cards came up, every single person there spoke out against them, and the audience, when asked for a show of hands was almost unanimous in being against them as it would go against everything we stand for. It's our government that I'm ashamed of. And the way they are using the fact that they were voted back in, as a mandate for bringing ID cards in when so many people are so against them.

I'm fairly convinced that the public reaction to this idea is not going to be favourable. But I'm often wrong. I hope in this case I'm right.

Knee jerk indeed.

On ID cards though, even Clarke admitted that he didn't think they would have helped prevent thursday's bombings. (Today programme, friday).

tortoise said:
I'm not, we have a love of our freedom in this country that goes back hundreds of years (ok I admit there's a load of shit there too though...) and listening to question time today, when the question of ID cards came up, every single person there spoke out against them, and the audience, when asked for a show of hands was almost unanimous in being against them as it would go against everything we stand for. It's our government that I'm ashamed of. And the way they are using the fact that they were voted back in, as a mandate for bringing ID cards in when so many people are so against them

I know what youre saying....theres a lot in British history to be damn proud about...but its todays uneducated/disinterested people who dont know what people went through to make Britain what it is that upset me.

:dito: *working on it*

some high up bloke said that they reckoned that ID cards would help...regardless of all the information to the contrary....

,,,does anyone else think that this fits to nicely with the blair/bush agenda??? am i the onyl cynical bastard here that thinks that..

a) nicely allows rushing through of emergency owers
b) "evidence" to support the presence of terror operative in the Uk...so ID gards
c) happens on the G8 weekend...neatly redirecting the focus of ppl pressuring the attendees from the problems of global warming/poverty etc etc.......

its just all is too convenient...and i'm not trying detract from the suffering of what pl have gone through in london but i just don't belive the powers that be anymore

tortoise said:
I'm not, we have a love of our freedom in this country that goes back hundreds of years (ok I admit there's a load of shit there too though...) and listening to question time today, when the question of ID cards came up, every single person there spoke out against them, and the audience, when asked for a show of hands was almost unanimous in being against them as it would go against everything we stand for. It's our government that I'm ashamed of. And the way they are using the fact that they were voted back in, as a mandate for bringing ID cards in when so many people are so against them.

I'm fairly convinced that the public reaction to this idea is not going to be favourable. But I'm often wrong. I hope in this case I'm right.

never forget that WE live in a DEMOCRACY and WE voted this government in!

(i know WE don't and didn't?)

Biggins2012 said:
:dito: *working on it*

some high up bloke said that they reckoned that ID cards would help...regardless of all the information to the contrary....

,,,does anyone else think that this fits to nicely with the blair/bush agenda??? am i the onyl cynical bastard here that thinks that..

a) nicely allows rushing through of emergency owers
b) "evidence" to support the presence of terror operative in the Uk...so ID gards
c) happens on the G8 weekend...neatly redirecting the focus of ppl pressuring the attendees from the problems of global warming/poverty etc etc.......

its just all is too convenient...and i'm not trying detract from the suffering of what pl have gone through in london but i just don't belive the powers that be anymore

C) Remember that (if they were responisible) islamic extremists in the past have targetted symbols of the capitalist way of life, one being the WTC, another being G8.

A & b )I think that the Gov't have been sitting back and waiting for something like this to come along, it was only a matter of time really. ID cards would /will happen without this anyway, the only difference now is that no-one will kick up a fuss. Re - jack Straws push to introduce EU widw e-mail & phone logging, the EU human rights minister only objected to the scheme on financial grounds, where as when it was suggested previously aftrer the Madrid bombing, it was dismissed as an infringement of privacy.

All in all this country is becoming one in which I increasingly find it unpleasant to live in, I firstly object to violence being used under my name, to 'protect my way of life' , and compounding this I nwo feel the ever present hand of the Gov't on my shoulder, it is not nice. I for one am also seriously considering emmigration in a year or so, to somewhere where I can be peaceful happy and free, alas I don't feel that from the uk anymore ......

yeah its pretty sickening that something like this happens (probably because of policies that a government has pursued) then these acts are then used as evidence for furthering the policies....fucking politicians....*deep breathe*...aaah its too early for this kinda thing.....

Back