Clowncore

A guy called Ed from Cambridge plays that (have been told he 'invented' it) and its f*cking awesome music...hard to dance to but I cant stop laughing whenever I hear it :Grin:

EDIT: Having just read the link u posted...thats the same guy I was talking about! As in Ed Cox...

EDIT numero 2: Seeing him play is brilliant in itself...he knows his music inside out and his dancing/facial features just have to be seen :Grin:

Check out the Tiger Lillies (which is like the chillout version, but with singing and everything) - if that doesn't cure you of your fondness for all things clown then at least you'll have some great music to watch your morals disappear to. You ought to get into the 3 Mustaphas 3 and Carmen Miranda as well :Smile3:

You must mean Start a Fire. That's the ones. Piss on Your Grave is a personal fave :Smile3:

he's played at some bbd parties hasn't he? just listening to the mix at the mo and i'm a bit gutted to have missed him before!

absolutely stupid tunes with some pretty nice glitchy dnb too. all good :green:

Gibbonflux said:
That clowncore mix is fucking brilliant...best thing I've heard in ages. Would love to hear it at a party :irofl:

I'm with you on that one. Can't wait to get it home and whack it onto something with proper sized speakers. Neighbours are going to be VERY confused this evening!

Been listening to it on my speakers at work, it had me practically crying with laughter at some points....so so wrong!

Open Plan office means I've had to listen to it on naff headphones.
But the surround sound speakers will be cranked up here at 5.30 - then it'll be on the big home system tonight :Grin:

Ed is f*kin quality! we had him down to bristol last year, he played the last set, should have seen the shock on the main dancefloor when the music started playing, but very soon chaos and extreme sillyness consumed the entire club!!

normal_ed5.jpg
mrGabba.jpg
normal_bbdx2flya.jpg

one of THE most animated guys i have ever seen!

he was also playing an acordian at the end of gnomelands last year

actually been thinking about getting him back down to bristol at the start of may :Smile3:

har the wave is spreading, little ripples of silliness spreading out from cambridge

and what on earth do you mean it's hard to dance to?

tis easy as pie, just clown about :Smile3:

Quality...I can only begin to imagine the effect this music has on a dancefloor full of mash heads...hahaha

I have been subjecting just about all my mates to this all week, check him out busking last weekend - quality !!

Back