Creative DJ Mixer?

D

dave arc-i

allen & heath Xone mixers - i have used two recently - a 92 and i think a 62 - brilliant quality and feel to the pots and faders

Jon Kenobi

So uncivilised
Reaction score
dave arc-i said:
allen & heath Xone mixers - i have used two recently - a 92 and i think a 62 - brilliant quality and feel to the pots and faders

fuckin pricey though Dave

teavibration

in a tree
Reaction score
adam, would u be inderested in my 12 track mixer? im thinking i have no use for it and it seems to me that its just money sat in a flightcase behind my desk.

D

dave arc-i

Jon Kenobi said:
fuckin pricey though Dave

my mum always used to say to me "you only get what you pay for"...........................:ibiggrin:

djdgaf

Bass Heavy
Reaction score
r.e. Allen and Heath mixers - a friend of mine is a dealer and he does not recommend the filter models as the filters seem to blow. Shame. They look a bit plastic too..

Missing-Link

looking forward
Reaction score
djdgaf said:
r.e. Allen and Heath mixers - a friend of mine is a dealer and he does not recommend the filter models as the filters seem to blow. Shame. They look a bit plastic too..

i have had one for about 3 years and still works lovely ... then again only me and dave use it so it is not heavily batterd ...

Nanook

In the kitchen, studio or gym.
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
I like the look of these Nuo5 malarky. Would like to try one.
while we vaguelly on topic, anyone know of a dj mixer thats got more than 3band eq?
N

lurk

Stunning Cunt
Reaction score
i don'tlike allen & heath mixers at all. while i admit that the sound coming out of them is very good, and every rig guy's wet dream, there are a couple of things about them that really piss me off.

1st off, having 2 bass equilisers on each channel. i know this can give a much better degree of control over a mix, but only if you have 2 pairs of hands... it's very frustrating if you don't. second, if you change the eq's i've never been able to hear it in the headphones... you might well be able to do this, but i've never been able to find anyone who can show me how it works. third, the led display for the volume on each channel is way too short, which makes a huge difference when you're trying to keep the output volume level. especially when in our scene the quality/level of mastering varies wildly too.

/rant :Wink3:

J-Flux

Junior Members
Reaction score
What about the pioneer DJM-600? Its been recommended 2 me by quite a few people includin some veteran djs and its a bit cheaper than the ecler + Allen and Heath. Altho it aint got the filters on it, its solid and has some other wicked creative FX. Reckon I'll probably get the silver one, as soon as i get the cash 2gther! (so probably never then!)

:Grin:

Sturdy Pete

Sturdy Member
Reaction score
J-Flux said:
Altho it aint got the filters on it, its solid and has some other wicked creative FX.

i think you'll find a filter as one of the Fx :Smile3: does auto beat sync to the mxining if you feel lazy too

any one used the behringer *ahem* copy of it? much cheaper.. dunno how much sound quality / the FX suffer tho..

J-Flux

Junior Members
Reaction score
Wicked! That just makes the pioneer even more desirable! I've used 1 of the behringers at a couple of parties and it seemed pretty good 2 me - altho I didn't use any of the fx, it seems as solid as the pioneer but I cant comment on the durability. THey r fucking cheap tho compared 2 any other mixer and they have so much functionality! Its just makes u think that they must have compromised somewhere along the line, but who can argue with that £120 price tag!