Software Cubase 10.5 upgrade offer

PsycheDanic

PS: Why music? Dot, code... Ott, you 'k?
Reaction score
Ugh, I'm still stuck on a cracked copy of 5. 😂

bez23

Adverse camber
Reaction score
Check the offers @PsycheDanic - looks like you could get a legit copy via some fancy footwork, buying Cubase Elements and then paying for the upgrade offer.

Biggins

Cake Or Death
Reaction score
fave features so far (in no order):
actual automation curves (as opposed to lines with points),
define your own VST catalog,
visualize low cut freq curves on channel strip EQ
expanded features on retrologue 2

dislike: the 20gb download, most of which is stuff i'll likely never use and having to use their download client (like a torrent client)
MS Windows Classic theme not supported, you have to see the windows "Aero" theme.

note: looks like 32bit plugs aren't supported (although i found a hack for getting the old Quadrafuzz installed which i am going to try),

Full Lotus

Hob Nob King
Staff member
Reaction score
Get it now, then install it and activate it in October/November then get the grace period upgrade to the latest version at that time.

Full Lotus

Hob Nob King
Staff member
Reaction score
note: looks like 32bit plugs aren't supported (although i found a hack for getting the old Quadrafuzz installed which i am going to try),
Would that be the copying of a folder from 64 bit 8.5 version?

Biggins

Cake Or Death
Reaction score
@Full Lotus - yeh, i think so. I didn't look into it properly yet . I think there is a .dll or similar lurking somewhere in older versions that allows you to bridge old plugin.

@whitedog - an upgrade is different and cheaper than buying outright again and it depends if you want more features for cheaper? I already found a bunch of stuff (features and workflow wise) which i like more betterer than v7 which is what i had before. Cost me less than au$200 (which is to me is worth it). YMMV (obvs)

Sil

Still Collating...
Reaction score
6.5 was the last copy I had before being given a copy of Studio One at the time. I do miss Cubase now and then but can't find my dongle to try out the new demo. Is it a huge leap in features from 6.5 to the current version?

whitedog

Lunar SeeD
Reaction score
I dunno, £154 for 9 years of development and new plugs/features - that ain't so bad, considering.
@whitedog - an upgrade is different and cheaper than buying outright again and it depends if you want more features for cheaper? I already found a bunch of stuff (features and workflow wise) which i like more betterer than v7 which is what i had before. Cost me less than au$200 (which is to me is worth it). YMMV (obvs)
Well yeah, but I paid less than that upgrade price over fifteen years ago, for the full product, and since then, every update has cost nothing more.
And it is every bit as good.
Not that I'm smug, or anything, I'm not.
I just like companies that reward customer loyalty, rather than milk it...

bez23

Adverse camber
Reaction score
Well yeah, but I paid less than that upgrade price over fifteen years ago, for the full product, and since then, every update has cost nothing more.
And it is every bit as good.
Not that I'm smug, or anything, I'm not.
I just like companies that reward customer loyalty, rather than milk it...
What do you use WD?

whitedog

Lunar SeeD
Reaction score
I use FL Studio.
The best £100 I have ever spent on music production, by far.
Please understand I'm not trying to start a DAW war, but I am genuinely shocked at the amount people are asked to pay for upgrades to other packages, and as I said, I find it hard to get my head around the idea of losing support for 32-bit plugins as being any kind of progress.
I'm more than a bit baffled, tbh...

bez23

Adverse camber
Reaction score
I use FL Studio.
The best £100 I have ever spent on music production, by far.
Please understand I'm not trying to start a DAW war, but I am genuinely shocked at the amount people are asked to pay for upgrades to other packages, and as I said, I find it hard to get my head around the idea of losing support for 32-bit plugins as being any kind of progress.
I'm more than a bit baffled, tbh...
Cool, I was just asking out of curiosity. Great that they do all their upgrades and stuff for free.
Yeah, it's bollocks that Cubase doesn't support 32 bit plug ins any more, I'm quite aggrieved about it.