Software Cubase 10.5 upgrade offer

Biggins

Cake Or Death
Reaction score
I don't really feel like the upgrade (in my case) was to much. Last gave Steinberg money in 2014 (i.e. 6 years ago). Upgrade price -> Au$180. Au$30 a year for something I use a lot. I can live with that.
FWIW -> Fruity is no Au$1249.00 for the full version.

whitedog

Lunar SeeD
Reaction score
FWIW -> Fruity is no Au$1249.00 for the full version.
That's the "+ All Plugins Bundle", I take it? £699.99 in Pounds Sterlling.
"Producer Edition" (the full DAW with basic set of plugins) is more comparable to Cubase Pro, and comes in at £149.00...

Biggins

Cake Or Death
Reaction score
How did you manage to get this done?
This post on the Steinberg forum is the clue: https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=250&t=110330#p605322

Replace the "VstBridgeApp.exe", "VstPlugManager.dll" objects in the components directory.

I renamed the existing ones to: "VstBridgeApp.exe.old" and "VstPlugManager.dll.old" then copied grabbed copies of the objects with the same name from an old install v7 install of Cubase (which includes the Cubase bridge for 32bit plugins). These were then pasted into the same directory. Renaming the original ones meant I could roll back easily by deleting the new ones and removing the "old" suffix from the original objects.

The only thing I would advise that replacing the VSTPlugManager.dll ruins any preexisting Plug In manager configuration so bear that in mind. I also haven't tested this properly because I've decided to not bother with Quadrafuzz v1 (or 32bit plug ins in general).

I guess if you find out that doesn't work and you "really" need 32 bit, you can install v7 alongside v10. the Cubase licence includes all previosu versions and v7 does support 32bit vst and 64bit in the same DAW (and has quadrafuzz v1 as standard. quadrafuzz v2 came in v8). bit of a pain but less "hacky".

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for anyone breaking their cubase install. :Smile3:

Full Lotus

Hob Nob King
Staff member
Reaction score
Aah, sounds the same method I used and I found it quite flaky. I used the ones from 8.5. Still have it installed luckily :Smile3:

NabLa

Spaniard DeLuxe
Reaction score
@Full Lotus - yeh, i think so. I didn't look into it properly yet . I think there is a .dll or similar lurking somewhere in older versions that allows you to bridge old plugin.
I have an old version of QF that might work, as it is able to run in Ableton, so there's a fair chance it might work bridged if someone needs it. It requires ableton to run as administrator tho, probably needs write permissions somewhere it shouldn't.