cubase sx 2+ emu 1820

OPTOBOT

OPTOBOT
Reaction score
still getting to grips with my new shiny sound card and have a few questions about recording audio.

When im recording the place were the actual audio records is behind were it should be, about 3 seconds!

So you monitor it through headphones, it sounds fine and in time, but cubase doesn't start recording for 3 seconds. so when you have to move the audio to accomodate!

Im not an expert and belive that this is a latency problem, but nt sure how to fix it!

Any help would be much appreciated!

pete

er forgot to say,

cubase reads 9.4 milliseconds for input latency and 6.9 for output!

p.s any quick replies would be brilliant because i have got a dealine 2moro!

thanks

Is it set to the E-mu ASIO driver in Project>Project Setup>VST Multitrack, or is it set to DirectX/Multimedia driver?

It should be set to the former.

J.

i just don't understand,

cpu is about 5 percent,

have you got audition?

cos with the new emu card, i now can;t even record audio into that and that is usually my multitrack of choice.

I'm still on CEP2.0.

What driver is selected in your Windows Control Panel>Audio preferences? And what is the selected input on the Windows Mixer?

Personally it'd be a cold day in hell before I contemplated buying anything that involved Creative, but I'll do my best to help you.

If you've got a hand-in tomorrow - would it not be easiest to live with the delay, tighten up the audio tracks by hand for this project, and have a look at this issue tomorrow?

J.

yeah thats what im doing, :Sad:

sucks though, taking up to much time.

just find it weird, that it montors fine, but doesn't record at the same pace,

strange!

Do you have a multiple in sound card? if so how do you change the inputs in cool edit? audition just lets me select which driver or card to use!

I'm using an Echo Gina 20 - never had a day's trouble out of it.

What you're describing sounds very like the trouble I had with my old SB Live though.

J.

problems seems to have solved itself, but might be me just getting used to it.

still have yet to test it properley,

note to all, don't get greedy and buy a new soundcard three days before 4 bits of coursework need to be handed in, :o

Back