CUBASE SX 2

panda

in the JUNGLE!
Reaction score
Hi there. My copy of cubase is being odd. When it is open with a tune in it. But not playing or doing anything, the CPU is running at 90% and it says that it is all cubase! I have 2.66GHz. How can this be possible? What the fuck is going on please? Its really annoying and slows down everything.

PHLUR

Panda

Faction

Proto-col
Reaction score
Try turning off plugins one by one and seeing if any of them make a major difference to the CPU load. If turning off a certain plugin causes the CPU load to reduce by say 50% then it's possible that you may be suffering from a 'denormalisation' problem - ie. one of your plugins may not know how to handle very low-level signals properly. Digitalfishphones do a 'normalizer' plugin which adds a very small amount of noise (< -300dB) to the signal which stops the naughty plugin from hogging the CPU.

panda

in the JUNGLE!
Reaction score
:lol1:

WOW. Nice one Col!

Yeah i didn't realise that they use CPU power when its not playing. Did some bouncing down and it works a bit better. :Smile3:

PS: Does anyone have a working Absynth 2 crack and maybe some presets. Our 1.3 is dodgy and crap :Sad:

Faction

Proto-col
Reaction score
Reconstructed said:
I don't think I have ever seen an instance where there is a sequencer problem that Colin can't fix. Cheers.

You'll notice I only reply to threads where I think I might have a clue. JPsychodelicacy's solved more problems than me. Anyway, if my suggestion wasn't strictly relevant to the problem then I didn't help anyway! :P :Grin: :Wink3: