04. 95.5 Radio Joint [138]
05. The Pay per View Sound [140]
06. My Voices Don’t Like You [140]
07. Dear Daddy Drugs [138]
08. Bruise Vein [138]
09. Bass Bitch [138]
10. Pita Pan [140]

What's This about?

After much dismay last year with a counted number of minimal releases, 2006 has turned the tide announcing a new wave of intelligent rhythms for the adventurous progressive dance floors. Bjorn Jacobsen -one half of Tenka- has opened this year with his debut fitting the Zenon philosophy of deep tech-trance, and funky ‘pro-aggressive’ minimal with Cujo’s signature all over.

All and All

Creating a Second Sun is nice revival for long time fans of the genre. You don’t buy Traktor Schallabor, or Zenon music for their pick ups and the glissandi arpeggiated leads. We are talking about good rhythms and grooves that cross between ethereal themes and ominous driving kicks, showing the 10 or-so years of experience. No track sounds alike and no beat is remotely similar. The elements used and the structure would have nevertheless, been aided by a little more diversity. If you like your chunky progressive more than house this might be a looker. So, if you are hunting for pitchy stretchy ride of anthemic qualities, you peaked your head on the wrong rabbit hole. If on the other hand its decent DJ tool you’re after, give those samples a listen.

for track-by track review and the samples, please surf to > http://www.sonic-energy.net/core/content/view/163/2/

grokit23 said:
Fair, but I've always had a bit of a thang for Cujo's brand of minimal progginess and I wouldn't be scared off by that cover.

Same here. Nice shirt too. :iyes:

:ibiggrin:

oh well, same thing happened with the BUS album... that awful, neo-80's pop, collage thing, scared me. So did the Bodhissatva album. and to think i almost missed the music inside...

One of the greatest psychdelic releases of all time, and people here, on psy forum, by looking at this thread, obviously haven't even listened to the album. And the cover is fucking wicked, but the music inside, compared to the drizzle being played on UK dance floors, is genius, seriously, go listen to it and try and argue otherwise. If you do its very obvious that you are an idiot, as its really very very very brilliant.
As nurse says in France when she comes to check your temperature......"This is not open for debate":irofl:

this album cooks, and so do zenon records, original, psychedelic and staight down the line.

One of the greatest psychdelic releases of all time, and people here, on psy forum, by looking at this thread, obviously haven't even listened to the album. And the cover is fucking wicked, but the music inside, compared to the drizzle being played on UK dance floors, is genius, seriously, go listen to it and try and argue otherwise. If you do its very obvious that you are an idiot, as its really very very very brilliant.
As nurse says in France when she comes to check your temperature......"This is not open for debate":irofl:

EASY TIGER! the way to convince us is not to start saying 'compared to the drizzle played on the uk dancefloors' .....ever so slightly arrogant me thinks! :irolleyes

It is a phat album !!...... not quite sure if your 'if you don't like it you're an idiot' views are justified though. :irazz: It can't be to everyones tastes..... it's quite obscure and it does create quite a monged out uncomfortable atmosphere with a few of the tracks.

But there are a few minimal psy prog winners on there though!

:ibiggrin:

oh and p.s. the album cover is hillarious! Looks like David copperfield! no concept of cheese???

well I will have to join in this one...

Cajurious usually very good stuff, correct, glad to see a new album albeit with a shit cover, but then pretty much all the new cd's coming out now have some splodge on the front that makes it difficult to tell from a distance or stoned which is which when selecting the next one to play. So this one wont get mixed up with others thats guranteed.

As for the above comment on the drivell or was it drizzle, I dunno but whatever i tend to agree. I used to go to alot of parties and listen to crap and watch people sloathing about like lizards off their nuts, crashed out in chill out rooms or mooching about lost on dance floors to some dark furious squeeky stuff with a monotoneous bassline. I only go to one or 2 paties now and thats mainly progressive psy cos the music is simply better....I dunno perhaps I'm wrong but that what it sounds like to me.
I'm sure this Cajurious one will be good, where can i get it ?

startessa (camden) / amazon.co.uk / psyshop.com / saikosounds.com / beatspace.com / juno.co.uk

EASY TIGER! the way to convince us is not to start saying 'compared to the drizzle played on the uk dancefloors' .....ever so slightly arrogant me thinks! :irolleyes

Agreed! :ibiggrin: Only playing :ismile: I just hope a few more people check the album out after my outrageous comments :P

Back