Custard Pie For Clarkson

deadgirl

Dead inside
Reaction score
CUSTARD PIE FOR CLARKSON
Broadcaster Jeremy Clarkson has been hit in the face with a custard pie at a degree ceremony.

The outspoken Top Gear presenter was at Oxford Brookes University to collect an honorary degree in recognition of his "passion for engineering".

But the decision has proved to be controversial, and protesters, including members of Oxford's Green Party, assembled outside the presentation dressed in Clarkson's trademark tight jeans and wigs.

Security was tight and police outnumbered the the protesters, who waved banners reading On Yer Bike Clarkson at the gates.

But one woman managed to gain access to a media call after the degree ceremony.

She dashed out in front of the television cameras and, as Mr Clarkson posed in his cap and gown, removed what appeared to be a custard pie from a wrapped-up newspaper and hit him full in the face.

The startled presenter maintained his cool, quipped "good shot" and posed for a few more pictures before beating his retreat.

Mr Clarkson has been criticised for engaging in stunts such as driving a 4x4 through an environmentally-sensitive peat bog in Scotland and inciting people to break the law by hiding mobile phone use while driving.

Speaking before the assault, he defended his record on environmental issues, saying: "I do have a disregard for the environment. I think the world can look after itself and we should enjoy it as best we can."

Nearly 3,000 people signed an online petition against Clarkson receiving the honorary degree.

Ahaha - excellent. The good ol' "Custard Pie" - a fine tradition of dessert-based dissent...
Shame he got the honorary degree though!

The startled presenter maintained his cool, quipped "good shot" and posed for a few more pictures before beating his retreat.

thats why i think hes funny

The outspoken Top Gear presenter was at Oxford Brookes University to collect an honorary degree

bah - if you're going to hold out for an honourary degree, at least wait till the real oxford knocks on your door... :Wink3:

clarkson is, and will ultimately remain, a bloated pustule of frustrated male thickheadedness :Grin:

AEON said:
clarkson is, and will ultimately remain, a bloated pustule of frustrated male thickheadedness :Grin:

and quite droll with it though

yeah. he does occasionally let rip with some decently self-effacing humourous jibe which lulls you into thinking he doesn't take it that seriously... but on the few occasions i've spent any time with him, i can't help but feel that he does (take it seriously, that is).

speaking of thick-headed, canya believe it was only last week that i realised 'arc-i' was like, totally linked to the welding thing? LOL

:P:Grin:

AEON said:
canya believe it was only last week that i realised 'arc-i' was like, totally linked to the welding thing? LOL

:P:Grin:

what like watching too many bright flashing lights gives your eyes a headache? no link there lach!!!

its Aural Resonance (live band i used to play with) Crew - intelligent lighting but lets not spoil a good cover story!

Yep - I thought that too until you kindly corrected me. Long time ago that was. May I also take this opportunity to profess my love for Top Gear . Many a Sunday night was spent drooling over the lovely cars and crying from laughter at the stunts. *wub*

Back