Dark Psy . . .

Hab

Grasshopper
back in the day (1997-98) didn't this stuff used to be called something like . . .

. . . . . "psychedelic trance"?

Or is it just me?

Fluffyfairy

The Fluff organisation
Yeah But at this time 2006 things have evolved and for the better !!! Dark psy is bass kicking powerful psy - trance the Acid lines (synthlines) are driving and make you want to jive !!!!!! dark psy is the future !!!!!!! every thing about it even the extemley technical way it is made is impressive !!!!!!!!
Peace ANd LoVe 2 ALL
:shrooms: Its good for trippin :trippn:

[84]

Junior Members
no no...darkpsy is not "bass kicking powerful psy"
DarkPsy is best,because is not like full on with phat bass,and bla bla bla...

PS sorry for bad english...i am not from england :Wink3:

Ozric

Hoofaloof
back in the day it was called goa

ok am out ! :green:

Speakafreaka

Champagne Rouletter
Actually, back in the day I seem to remember massive confusion about what was goa and what was psy...

But best to let sleeping dogs lie, and this was one biiiiig hairy, scary dog.

Hab

Grasshopper
Hoorah, it's not just me then! I was listening to a mix of some Nabi tracks whilst on a run with the wife down by the canal, lovely hot day - when it occurred to me that this so-called 'dark-psy' used to come out on TIP, Transient, Flying Rhino (remember 6th and 7th Flight?) . . . . also, didn't there used to be this really beautiful, underground music doing the rounds? What was it called . . . . . . oh yeah! Trance! Whatever happened to that . . . . .

Hab

Grasshopper
I got me that one as well :ibiggrin: Took three bleeding weeks to arrive. Typical laissez faire French shenanigans. The one I ordered from Trance Shop - on the same day - arrived with the satisfying efficiency that you'd expect from the Germans. "Feedback" by Etic <pure silk in a glass, incidentally> arrived today - that one was from Hong Kong (Saiko) and arrived in three days. You go figure it out because I for one am stumped. Apologies to any French posters :iwink: Francophobia - the last acceptable form of racism. I am humbled and apologise.

rameez

Junior Members
well im not a big fan of 'dark music'...i used to quite enjoy the early stuff coming out of parvati records...psychedelically yours/third trip...etc....droidsect/xenomorph type music was deep...ya i think thats a better word to call it ..'deep'.......
i also feel that saying darker stuff is more psychedelic is wrong.....you get alot of non-formularised /unpredictable morning music which imho is atleast music..... alot of dark psy production these days is terrible (nothing musical to it)...its almost like israeli full on (production wise) i.e. random squelches and synth lines with some horror samples (there are exceptions though...psykovsky comes to mind)......

at the end of the day..theres good music to be found in both genres so theres no point drawing a line between the two in the first place!

peace

teavibration

in a tree
there should be no borders, just skate boarders

Hab

Grasshopper
Hmmmmm . . . . . the reflective, whimsical nature of my initial post appears to have been hijacked . . . . . 'twas a mere retrospective, a fond looking back at the many years of musical evolutions . . . . a kindly, teasing prod in the fat underbelly of a scene that keeps the music the same but periodically calls it by different names . . . if in my whimsy the wrong idea about my intentions when posting have communicated themselves, I apologise. :irofl:

Personally, I'm planning a set that alternates between Acidance, Nabi and Etic. I think that would be top. :iyes:

kunningtoerag

naut-psy-kik-humaon
Lets Hear It Then??

Hab

Grasshopper
You'll be waiting a long time :ilol: It's a set of the imagination, as are my Pioneer CDJ1000's and my Numark mixer . . . . . Hab's mixing skills are largely a matter of fantasy and wishful thinking . . . . and cash shortages. Such is life! But I still think it would be wicked :iwink:

Hab

Grasshopper
Hab said:
Hmmmmm . . . . . the reflective, whimsical nature of my initial post appears to have been hijacked . . . . . 'twas a mere retrospective, a fond looking back at the many years of musical evolutions . . . . a kindly, teasing prod in the fat underbelly of a scene that keeps the music the same but periodically calls it by different names . . . if in my whimsy the wrong idea about my intentions when posting have communicated themselves, I apologise. :irofl:
Was absolutely not shit-stirring, no not me gov, honest :iwink:

Torsion Jim

PsyMusic Radio
dark psys better than the lighter side by far.happyness is fleeting.the darkness is all ways there.........red in tooth n claw.....then u die.therefore more compelling for the serious listener..............