David Cameron - more of the same with a different paint job or something more?

Full Lotus

Hob Nob King
Staff member
Forum Fun-raiser
Reaction score
Just been elected leader of the Conservative party. Wot do you all think?Discuss :ibiggrin:

I heard him say "keep it real" on the radio.

I think that the fact the conservative party is fast heading towards having a charismatic leader is terrifying.

Come on Lib Dems - Stop with the boring old farts already!

Cari x

Continuum said:
Hey y'know that Hague is gay and is having an affair with Sebastian Coe?

do you know if they play that old sex game favourite?... "the orange and black plastic bin bag fetish" :ibiggrin:

I have it on authority that Will's marriage to Fi' is a 'front'.

Well OK - a mate of a mate who's done some work on his house etc...

Being the son of an NCB maintenance man, and seeing close up what Thatcher did to the miners in the 80's makes it pretty-much impossible for me to ever think about considering voting Conservative - whoever their leader happens to be.

Hear the bit where he says he say to change the way the Tory members *think*? Yeah - right!

Purusha said:
Being the son of an NCB maintenance man, and seeing close up what Thatcher did to the miners in the 80's makes it pretty-much impossible for me to ever think about considering voting Conservative - whoever their leader happens to be.

I don't really understand that logic, it was a couple of decades ago and things have moved on a bit, and guess what Thatcher isn't even in charge of the conservatives any more.

Or are the current labour government still driving around in clapped out mini's while taxing you 90p in every pound? (actually forget that last point, it won't be long).

Perhaps the Conservatives just need to change their name and then everyone will vote for them?

The problem with the conservites is that their focus is business related and favor the well off, but society is not a business, and most people are not well off. In the eighties they sold everyone the dream of greed and being rich, and look out for number one.

Don't get me wrong some of there policys which seem sensible, but I fear the cold hard edge of profits over people.

I think the consevitives will just remain a lobby group for the rich and well off and business owners. Unless they change and they better change big time for anyone to vote for them again.

FaceTrans2.jpg

i dunno, I think Cameron seems a lot more sincere than Blair ever has done.

the thing is that there's so little to choose between the 3 main parties now, i could pick policies from all 3 that i liked and disliked in equal measure, that the only way our political system is going to move forward and truly represent the voting public is if we move to proportional representation. pigs will fly before that happens though.

in the paper on monday it printed cameron's family tree (and his wife's) and they were both descended from royal mistresses' illegitimate kids

He will just mess with the old policy making them unrecognisable from the original party like new labour. Just make it upo as they go along these days the moonmen.

Going to reclassify MaDMAn though. That is good.

Gotta be honest with you dude, I don't think that makes one tiny scrap of difference. It's still prohibited, and as we all know prohibition is profoundly damaging, and simply doesn't work.

He'll just be tinkering with it, to no effect whatsoever.

Hugs,

Barclay

Monkey Do said:
I don't really understand that logic, it was a couple of decades ago and things have moved on a bit, and guess what Thatcher isn't even in charge of the conservatives any more.

Or are the current labour government still driving around in clapped out mini's while taxing you 90p in every pound? (actually forget that last point, it won't be long).

Perhaps the Conservatives just need to change their name and then everyone will vote for them?

Are you trying to tell me that all the Conservative Party members who supported Thatcher in the 80's are now six feet under or something?

Watch the next Tory Party conference. They may have a "young" figurehead, but just count the blue rinse hair dos in the audience.

Unless you suffered (or at least saw things close up) under that 80's regime the way my family and friends did, you've no f*cking idea.

Being caught between Scargill & Thatcher was utter misery.

BTW - I'm no 'New Labour' supported either.

Purusha said:
Are you trying to tell me that all the Conservative Party members who supported Thatcher in the 80's are now six feet under or something?

Watch the next Tory Party conference. They may have a "young" figurehead, but just count the blue rinse hair dos in the audience.

Unless you suffered (or at least saw things close up) under that 80's regime the way my family and friends did, you've no f*cking idea.

Being caught between Scargill & Thatcher was utter misery.

BTW - I'm no 'New Labour' supported either.

Darn tootin

It seem to me that the Tories are desperate for power, they don't really give a shit about the general person in the street but just have this grasping arrogance to have power.

Its like they knowing that their policies favor those with money, but in order to get into power they have to try and pretend that they are for the common person. But they will not trick people by greed like the eighties again.

People look after there own. some people may hate new labour but most of the MPs came for normal backgrounds and schools.

I have not got a closed mind, I want what is best for the country, I like Blair and Brown but Brown has no carisma, the 'Vulcan' done not make the best Captain. I predict Brown winning the next ellection then the one after is all to play for, for the Tories.

Barclay (Dark Angel) said:
Gotta be honest with you dude, I don't think that makes one tiny scrap of difference. It's still prohibited, and as we all know prohibition is profoundly damaging, and simply doesn't work.

He'll just be tinkering with it, to no effect whatsoever.

Hugs,

Barclay

Aye no doubt about it, it's just good from a chemist's viewpoint in terms of the punishment for getting caught's all/ :Smile3:

I reckon the Tories have at last got the right man for the job. Given the mess that Labour are in, and three years before the next election, if he doesn't cave into the right then he'll give Labour one hell of a fight. His selection may force Labour's hand - when is Brown going to take over? Wild horses couldn't make me vote tory, but a lot will find him a very attractive option, particularly if he assembles a good shadow cabinet. Letwin for chancellor? eek!

Back