Delay

A

Andrea

usually they have a sinch function to hook to the bpm on the project, or also they have a time expressed in fractions instead of decimals

nomis

bumbalumba cruiser
Reaction score
60000/tempo in bpm=4/4 delay in miliseconds.
example:
60000/120=500 ms.

From there its easy, if you want a delay with double speed divide it by 2 etc.

:iwink:

ichabod

Reaction score
I'm kind of suprised you need this though - there aren't many VST delays around which don't have tempo syncing!

Biggins

Cake Or Death
Reaction score
aaah..the wonders of being a beginner........

tempo synching????

have been using the insert delays in cubase SX (not sure which one off the top of my head) and fiddling with the knobs.............

Goran

Forum Member
Reaction score
As far as I can remember right now, all plugins that come with SX have tempo sync where appropriate - delays definitely do, just click the button next to delay time (it should switch from milliseconds to 1/4 or some such).

M

makdaddy

theres a few 3rd party vst fx that dont tho, hehe cant remember names right now but y'know there "analog" by design typo thang

Goran

Forum Member
Reaction score
I personally prefer having both types of controls (tempo sync + offset), as sample-perfect delay times can sound lifeless or even cack (especially if unlucky enough to run into phase issues)... horses for courses, if it sounds right it is right :Smile3:

edit: clarified

Biggins

Cake Or Death
Reaction score
matt said:
As far as I can remember right now, all plugins that come with SX have tempo sync where appropriate - delays definitely do, just click the button next to delay time (it should switch from milliseconds to 1/4 or some such).

hey up,
yh i went away and had a look at it. the wierd timed delay isd gos the delay is being created by the synth that it making trh sound....yeh your right all the delay created using the insert effects hasa tempo synching function......

a, now trying to decide if i like the out of synch delay or ot on this moise.....

:p

cheeers for the help guys