1. psy-fly

psy-fly anti-rat (i.e. no cheese)

Threads:
    Hey, just looking for some information on denmark, anyone been there have any tips idea of prices etc. Not really going there for a psy buzz just want to travel around maybe check out christiania.

Is there much cheap accomodation like campsites and the like? Im finding the internet increasingly hard to find anything of this type, other peoples experiences might be of more help.

so any ideas would be great

2. wickedwicki

wickedwicki Viking Lass

Threads:
    You have come to the right place my son, I am from the Daneland you are seeking! :smoke:
    Hand me your questions and I shall answer them to the best of my knowledge...
    I can tell you now though, that if you want to see Christiania I think you have to hurry, as the Danish government if winning the fight to shut it down, B******S!
    I'm at work at the mo, but I will can tell you a bit more about those weird Danes when I return to my home computer!
    Until then...
    :runsmile:

3. mullett

mullett Junior Members

Threads:
    yer man i've been to Christiania its a rely nice place evey one just smokein weed and hash it a nice vibe, it was realy cool that you coud just buy it there we tried to buy some mushrooms but the stop them to many people was freaking out on them :blink:

but i go to rosiklde festavial each year it great full of crazy scandavians the music is so diverse from house to reggae to rock you can't go wrong :punk:

www.roskilde-festival.dk

4. wickedwicki

wickedwicki Viking Lass

Threads:
    What can I say..........
    It is a lovely country to visit! I can't live there, hense me being here for 5 years now!
    But everybody I know who have gone to visit have loved it. It is a beautiful little country (only about 7 million people).
    Our highest point is only 172 meters above sea level and everybody have got so much space, lots of m2's per inhabitant.
    I'm from the second biggest city in Denmark, it is called Aarhus and it is a lovely old town with lots of tudor style houses bound by wooden poles and straw roofs. I always make sure to spend lots of time there because it is just such a beautiful town!
    I've actually only been to Copenhagen a couple of times, but it is a really vibrant city with plenty of lovely things to do and see. They've got this great scheme going where all over the city there are bikes stood that you can use for free, which is a great way to see the place!
    But if you do go to Denmark you have to make sure to get out and see as much of my little country as possible, don't limit yourself to the city's. It is when you go out in to the countryside you get to meet all those crazy, quirky Danes!!
    If you have any questions, please ask me, I will be more than happy to help in any way possible to ensure you have a lovely time in my Daneland!!

5. Fluff

Fluff Guest

I been to Denamark and it was fun but I was so much younger so I comments for it here are irrelevant.
    Met some really fun crazy Danes later in life. definetly makes me think Danes know how to have a laugh
    :lol1:

6. psy-fly

Threads:
    hey thanks a mil wickedwicki you seem very proud of your country. I hope we get to christiania before they close it.

We are coming to denmark as a bit of a chill-out/relax time. we want to spend as much time as possible in the countryside, ive been shown a glimpse of denmarks beautiful scenary, and its definitely something i have to see.

If you would be able to give me an idea of prices (for general stuff like food and campsites) and recommend one or two nice out of the way places to go to i would be eternally grateful.

thanks again
    john

7. wickedwicki

wickedwicki Viking Lass

Threads:
    When are you going? I can definetly recommend you some nice spots to visit and there are some small (and even free) festivals over the summer that are really nice to go and chill at!
    :sun:

8. psy-fly

Threads:
    Excellent that would be great. we are going to the fullmoon in germany, so we will be in denmark by the 4th of july, i think we will be there for 3 weeks and then back down to germany for shiva moon and VooV. we really are looking for a place to do some nice, scenic, relaxed, chilled out travelling (if such a thing exists). again thanks for any help, sorry for taking a while to reply, i keep forgetting i posted on this part of the forum!

9. moonchildlove9

moonchildlove9 Junior Members

Threads:
    ooohhhh I have a connection with Denmark through my sons heritage but also many fond memories of Denmark...I lived in kobenhavn/Copenhagen for 2 years...just down the road from Christiania back in the early 90s...I used to walk my dog around the lake there and admire all of the self built houses, all of various shapes and designs ..spent some great nites at Christianina at Loppen and Manefisken...and met some wonderful people..all really kind, caring and generous. Sad to hear that it (Christiania)may be changing.... I am hoping to get over this year to visit my sons grandmother so I can see the changes.. The beaches around the coastline are beautiful especially around Greve strand and Karlslunde..quiet, clean and not built up too much...The bars inCopenhagen used to be expensive but don't know about now...I used to hang out in the universitetskafeen back then and Peder Hvidfeldt..plus some small cafes on Vesterbrogade..Getting around Copenhagen is really easy with good bus/train services and Hire bikes... Copenhagen itself used to be a really chilled city..easyjet fly out to cph pretty cheaply...from Stansted ..or you could fly to Sturup in Malmo, sweden (ryanair/bmibaby?)and get the train over to Copenhagen...about a 30 min ride.also pretty cheap fares considering how expensive airfares used to be in the 90s over there. Whatever you decide I am sure you will have a great time...enjoy it !!:Smile3:

10. psy-fly

Threads:
    kool, sounds great!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice