Devils' music?

Reaction score
Some people say that Electronica is the work of the devil which may be true especially if 6 is for music, 6 is for dance & 6 is for art - 999 brings men 69 etc.

My parents are campanologists of the church bell variety and it says in the Bible that the bells are God's music. Church bells come in 1, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 16 & 18s but usuallys 6s - CDEG, like guitar strings. The bells are rung in patterns & orders and a 'Quarter peel' is a sequence of changes that last 3/4 of an hour but if a mistake is made then you have to start again from the beginning. A half peal lasts 3 1/2 hours and a full peel lasts 23 hours. There is a small red book called 'The Bell Ringers' Hand-Book' which is almost as interesting as another small red book called 'The Rudiments of the Theory of Music' :Smile3: Didn't know if this would be of any help to anyone...... :Smile3:

Interesting about the bells.

There's "diabolus in musica" as well - which is what an interval of 6 semitones was called as it sounds pretty dissonant.

So if a a quarter peel is 3/4 hour, and a full peel is 23 hours, how long is an orange peel?

:irofl:

dave arc-i said:
isnt that a line from a chris de burgh song? now thats the devils music

Is it really a line by the "mono-browed purveyor of ultimate filth" (as dubbed by Bill Bailey)?

without wishing to be seen to have an intimate knowledge of "such" songs - i "think" so

Iris Electronica said:
'The Rudiments of the Theory of Music'
God, how I was made to pour over this as a young lass. It doesn't come in red anymore either; they changed it to pastel-coloured, shiny card. I've been trying to talk my mum out of her original copy for years, for posterity like. That, and the fact that I never did quite crack the whole figured bass thing. Funnily enough, she thought anything after Mozart was devil's music. I'm not really arsed so long as my ears like how it tastes.

Ding Dong Merrily On High? I still remember the bass part to that song note for note. I used to sing it in church choir.

"Glo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o...o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o...o-o-o-oooooria hosanna in excelsis." :Smile3:

Back