DIY Mandelbrot

I'm still quietly plodding away at Mandelbrots. Here's where I'm at at the mo - I hope the attachment thingy works.

Attachments

• Octet35.jpg
    Octet35.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 19
... and this. The Mandelbrot-generating code at the heart of all this is the same as it was years ago. It's really slow and outdated, though I have a few much faster apps and programs which are excellent for speed (very handy for researching new targets), but don't match mine for accuracy and versatility. The latest version of BB4W lets me use 80-bit floating point variables, which in practical terms means I can zoom in quite a long way before the images start glitching.

Attachments

• Octopus01.jpg
    Octopus01.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 14
these are so cool, top work there and it sounds like you are getting loads of enjoyment out of the process

Thanks. Certainly I enjoy doing these, and I've learned a fair bit about coding and computers on the way - that's probably the best way to learn, by having some objective in mind and finding out how to do it and improve. Well, as long as I'm not intending to do this for a living, anyway. I'm well aware of how much I don't know. I'm also on a forum that's all about fractals and fractal imagery, and my stuff is good for what it is, but there are some incredible fractal images out there.

Here's another, which is the same target as the previous image, but zoomed in about 5x, to get the 16-bar spiderleg thnigy at the centre.

Attachments

• Octopu0s2.jpg
    Octopu0s2.jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 8
Back