do you listen...

eT

Staff member
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
soul, R&B from my school days, 80's rock, classical and anything GOOD doesn't matter what genre

Garfield

psy-punk
Reaction score
I'm also listening to Punk Rock ('77 Style), Hardcore (like Gang Green, Poison Idea) Dub, Acid, Krautrock (Tangerine Dream, Can etc.), some Bad Cave Stuff and every kind of psychedelic Music. :cool:

klostertaler.jpg
<--- I hate German "Volksmusik" :runsmile:

josh

marathon solo-sessionahoy
Reaction score
Yeap - very much into Breaks, electro, techno (dave clarke/garnier/mills stylee), dnb, 'intelligent' hiphop - a la mos def/talib kweli - not so much the gangsta stuff, klezma (for random comedy music moments), swing, some rock'n'roll stuff, some new indie stuff - but select tracks rather than much of the genre as a whole, & ambient/chillout - cafe del mar/anotherlatenight/backtomine stylee.

so actually, that pretty much covers most things apart from classical & black metal/grindcore & noize/drillnbass and pop, rnb, soul, funk - those are genres i generally can't get into.

Ruskin

will smack you one
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of alot of 'chillout' bands (although I hate that word) like zero7, air, bonobo, goldfrapp, kinobe, lemon jelly, morcheeba, nitin sawhney & talvin singh. I also like good hip hop like the fugees, j5 & the herbaliser and I love latin american stuff like the buena vista social club and manu chao.

josh

Reaction score
ooh freaky - also love sawhney and singh (have you heard sawhneys new album btw?) & buena vista & manu chao... + fila brazilia is good :Smile3:
have you also heard morcheebas new album just out? not meant to be v. good.

i think we should meet and have a music swapping sesh ruskin - i own most cds by most of the artists youve mentioned :Smile3:

oOemmaOo

hello
Reaction score
mmm Ruskin, I've been listening to Manu Chao a lot lately....really sunny stuff!! Havent put Buena vista social club on for ages...might just do that today! :Smile3: Actually yer list is much like mine, Bonobo, Lemon Jelly, Air & Morcheeba all visit the cd tray often, as well as the chili peppers, kyuss, thievery corporation, ben harper amongst others...

Ruskin

will smack you one
Reaction score
Yeah emma, the best way to describe manu chao is definately sunny summer music. It always brings a huge grin to my face as I imagine the beautiful weather brazil must have for people to write music like that!

And josh, I wouldn't say that I exactly owned many of those artsts' albums, but they seem to be played by my computer very regularly.. don't know how it happens! :ph34r:

Didn't know there was a new morcheeba album.. might have to check that out.

josh

Reaction score
hehe - i have a very large external hdd with usb2 / fw connection :Wink3:

and also kruder and dorfmeister? any fan of theivery corporation/truby trio/herbalizer will lovethem :Smile3:

shpiral

outside
Reaction score
I also dig a bit of Bingo Bongo Manu Chao stylee, always brings a smile to my face :Smile3: I don't listen to psy-trance so much these days anyway, I'm a chill freak really, but I shave through my old collection of funnies such as Breakdance The Soundtrack and a bit of Led Zeppelin.... I listen to Gong a bit still and even Abba when I'm in the mood! !! It's not all swirly noises and grooving beats. I also have a passion for dub and reggae stuff like Alpha & Omega, Misty In Roots, Mad Proffessor etc...

mr_faster

ecomingonecomingonstrong
Reaction score
zero7, air, bonobo, goldfrapp, kinobe, lemon jelly, morcheeba, nitin sawhney & talvin singh.

talvin singh - traveller is one of my favourites!!!!

nice, musical stuff i listen to when not annoying my neighbours with relentless banging

anything good i am open to :Wink3:

ur boring if you just listen to psy and are missing out on many enjoyable music genres!

evilwill

definitely
Reaction score
was listening to ozomatli's first album again today and was reminded how excellent it is... crazy mexican funky hip hop-y stuff with 2na fish rapping, very very good, even if you dont like hip hop...

uk hip hop is good too - task force, roots manuva, mark b & blade, blak twang, skitz, braintax to name a few are producing some good tunes.

mr faster is right - listening to just psytrance means you miss out on huge amounts of damn good music...