Dubalicious New Tune

Nice intro, long and atmospheric, just the way i like it. Then it builds up nicely and a lovely melody comes along at 2:25. Glides effortlessly onto the 4 minute mark where things are changing into a sublime, slow 4x4 and starts to build again towards the end. Great track, mate!

If it was my track, though, I'd end it at 6 mins when the bass has left... :Smile3:

All in all a very successful maiden voyage in my ears... :Wink3:

Speakafreaka said:
,,,, my first ever jaunt into chilled out stuff. :Smile3:

F***ing hell! I shudder to think what the next one is going to be like.

Genius mate.... loved it. All of it. I'd put this on in preference to an Entheogenic track any day... this is right up my street,

It's fucking ace. Really tranced me out, it's like a bio-rhythm pulsing. I can almost 'see' the delays bouncing back and forth esp. around 5m. Would kill for a copy of this if you're handing them out like........

Best of luck Speaky. Chill's my favourite place to be.

Happy day 3;~

Confident, original, hypnotic, immensely atmospheric... this is the sort of track that makes me want to write chillout again. I realise you're happy with the mix but my only comment would be that (in my opinion) the percussion is a little too dry for my personal taste - just a bit of early reflection (especially on the hats) would put them in some kind of space without sounding like they actually had reverb on them, if you see what I mean.

Love it.

Bloody hell! Thanks a lot guys! :Smile3:

I reckon I'll be sticking to chill for a bit then :Smile3:

Speakafreaka said:
also I'm entirely happy with the mixdown so...

that was meant to read I'm NOT entirely happy ... lol. Funny release time and note clamping on that main melody, which needs to get sorted out, and I will look at the rhythm parts as Colin suggests, i trust his ears more then mine :Smile3:

I'll stick up a 320 kbps as soon as I 'm done. Thanks again. You've all just made my day :Smile3:

If anyone is still interested, I've put the final touches onto this track. IE, sorted out the lead release, put a bit of subtle reverb on the percussion parts, and changed the ending very slightly.

I've also uploaded it at 320kb/s and given it a name so without further ado

Datum Point

Probably best to right and save as, unless you have a particularly bitchrod connection.

Very nice track, seems to disappear though quite a bit before the end of the tune... maybe something to do with listening to it at low volume at work. :Smile3:

cheers for the feedback grokit23, nice to know you enjoyed it. And thanks for pointing out the big gap at the end. I've now sorted it out. The link has been updated. But if you don't like back buttons, HERE it is again. I've added a bit more into it now. Couldn't help myself. Sorry.

Very nice.

Just played it 4 times in a row and it sounds really very good.

Not liking it less... Great tune, mate. Looking forward to hearing your forthcoming chill output :Smile3:

Thanks for all the great comments guys.

I have the next one 'sat on the desk' so to speak. I am having a little competition with myself to see just how insanely low I can get the bass on it. The cans are shaking off my head, so I guess I'm doing something down there :Smile3: It's very liberating, this not writing at 140 -150 bpm malarky isn't it? I could get used to it :Smile3:

Had a listen to your first one yesterday but didn't leave a comment as everyone else hade pretty much said what I had thought of the tune. I sent my monitors of to be fixed this morning and listening to your update makes me wish they were back here right now.

I know what you mean about the liberating feeling of slower BPM. You find all this new space to play with and the potential for nuances grows with that. Inevitably I end up pushing my machine to its limits when doing slower stuff.

Good work Speakafreaka :speaker:

Hey, very nice.
I like the vocal sample and the processing on it, and I like the second melody a lot too - though I feel a bit like it's leading up to something, rather than fading away into the wash.

Back