Ear Plugs

I've been wearing ear plugs for years. I have no idea why I've suffered mild abuse for it :ibiggrin: I remember having one young red DJ (name removed for leagal reasons:ibiggrin: ) over hear me talking about my ear plugs and say "what the fuck do you need ear plugs for?" Well, I think is pretty obvious!

You need Hi Fidelity ones if you want to still hear the music perfectly and not muffled. You can try www.etymotic.com or http://www.hearingprotection.co.uk/ Get yourself several pairs so you can lend a set to your friends when you go out, they'll love you for it :iyes:

well worth it. i'm still saving for the filter-changing proper audio plugs but in the meantime i just use high-protection foam ones; they're not great for DJing with, but they're absolutely essential for dancing in front of stacks.

no-one should take any stick from anyone. amongst other things everyone's ears have different tolerance thresholds iirc and i couldn't give a fuck what people think - my ears are my livelihood and i'm going to be making music when i'm 70 :Smile3:

I was thinking .... Can you Dj if you use the plugs? What i mean , is can you actually listen the music defined, cause i do beatmatch and sometimes is very difficult listening to the beat of both records in other styles....
I noticed that with vinyl is even worst, sometimes is almost impossible (maybe cause i play very agressive and distorted stuff teknowise) i dont wanna have the plugs and then in the end i'm gonna raise the volume of it, so it will be worth nothing...
Im interested more for when i dj, im never in front of the dj or the speakers....

Yeah anyone who guns anyone else for using ear plugs is a fool...

I personally always always wear ear-plugs... my mate's dad, who owns Nexo speakers, gave me a pair of yamaha filter earplugs which i always wear - flat frequency attenuation.

The reason also for me is that I have hyperacusis and tinnitus (not from damage but an oversensitivity to sounds)... which means that I have to wear plugs... or else i have ringing for the next 3/4 days)

Plus it's good knowing that when you're 50 you'll actually be able to hear...

I think that ear-plug awareness should be raised anyway...

Remember that when you don't wear plugs the bones in your ear lock up and reduce the sound you hear anyway... whereas with ear-plugs you're ears adjust so that it sounds louder than you hear with the plugs.

The two basically balance out so you'll still be hearing (in your brain) the music almost as loud as whoever is there without...

:Smile3:

Keep it real... keep it plugged

Yeah! I was made to feel like a proper kill joy or something! Well, if you see some cats in a party with some stylish ear plugs in :irofl: It might be BeatNik or me!

I use these bad-boys made by a hearing safety company called Howard Leight:
http://www.hearingportal.com/products/products2.asp?id=46#
They're comfy, and you can adjust how deep they sit in your ear, so you can have as little or as much protection as you like.

They look, at a glance to my eyes, a lot like those Elacin ER20's they're charging £14 for. I get mine from a local safety equipment store for about 50p a pair. They're re-usable too - just give 'em a swizz in some warm soapy water.

Well recommended - I always take them to clubs and parties - I've got some noticeable hearing loss in my right (monitoring) ear, and I don't want it to get any worse...

i read the thread title as ear frogs

So any advice on where can i get a pair from????? I live in london..... I have done a google it but there are too many shops coming up and they have some dodgy websites, so i would prefer to buy in a shop.......

Any "twin mushroom" model will do, if they're geared for musicians/sound engineers then all the better :Smile3:

Night'S-Kool said:
Yeah! I was made to feel like a proper kill joy or something! Well, if you see some cats in a party with some stylish ear plugs in :irofl: It might be BeatNik or me!

Or Me!!

Back