early midi notes in cubase sx

yoleus

head scratching
Reaction score
Anyone know how to deal with "early" midi notes when recording midi into SX.
ie: i play the notes in time, say on the bar, but they appear in the sequencer track 1/16th earlier. this happens whether i have one or many plugins/fx running or not.

Running a P4 pc, using a novation remote midi controller through a USB2 connection.

yoleus

head scratching
Reaction score
err...considering your present aggressive mood, some clarification...please

do you mean update as in get a newer version of sx? (i only bought this one just over a year ago, but am now only just beginning to use it for recording midi parts.) or is there an update for sx that will sort this bug?

O

Ott^

Thassit.

*Click here*

Then select your SX version from the drop down menu.

Then scroll down to "downloads" and click "details".

Then under "Applications" choose your platform - either "Updates PC" or "Updates MAC".

Then, scroll down and choose your version of Cubase SX - either SX2 or SX3.

If you have SX2, don't try to update it with the SX3 updates - it won't work.

If you are using SX2 and you have never updated it, you need to install version 2.2.0.33 followed by 2.2.0.35 and then finally 2.2.0.39.

Sounds long winded but thats the way it has to be done.

SX3 is up to 3.1.0.934

Here are links to the "Version History" and "Issues and Solutions" PDF documents.

Download them and give 'em a read.

Any questions - fire away.

Good luck.

[Nb. Needless to say, these updates won't work with cracked versions.]

yoleus

head scratching
Reaction score
err.......mr ott, sorry to come back to this again but big headache.
I should've mentioned it's sx1, for which there is a patch, which i installed, but it don't cure the problems; midi notes still out of place and the program hangs when i close it.
Furthermore, it seems to have overwritten part of my windows system registry meaning that it takes a dozen resets before i get the computer up and running whereas before patch it took 30 seconds to fire up.
I can't find any mentions of this problem on the cubase forums.
Any ideas before i fire off a nasty message to steinberg?
All the programs are genuine, not cracks.
Thanks.

Faction

Proto-col
Reaction score
Ott might not be able to respond to your post Yoleus... however I would really, really, really REALLY recommend upgrading your SX1. You've left it quite a while though; I don't know how much a paid upgrade from SX1 to SX3 is but it'll probably be at least £150 if it's possible at all.

Writing a nasty message to Steinberg will get you absolutely nowhere, as it is because of problems like this that programs such as, oh, I don't know, SX2 (which also used to suffer from this problem before it was fixed) and SX3 exist.

yoleus

head scratching
Reaction score
Fair point Colin, thanks.
Slightly academic now as it seems my hard drive has just gone and died on me, can't boot up at all.
If and when i can recover from this miserable situation (miserable cos i laying off spliffs this week, bad week for clearing out those synapses) i will certainly update to sx3, only 99 quids.
Now...where those rolling papers....
Cheers.

Speakafreaka

Champagne Rouletter
Reaction score
I'm using SL1 which is the same engine as SX1, the way I get round it is to just turn off quantise and drag the part manually into place in the main browser window. Easy. Takes about 2 seconds.

Hope you sort out the hard drive issues. Best of luck.

yoleus

head scratching
Reaction score
thanks mate.
i'll give that a go.
think i'll still update though eventually.
my more computer savvy mate reckons it's my mother board that's gone as it won't even boot the bios, which is something of a relief cos there's a fair bit of stuff on the HD i haven't backed up.