Eat Static - Joie Hinton ??

low orbit

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

was wondering if anyone knew what happened to Joie from Eat Static. All the new material seems to be credited to Merv ( new projects with Si P etc.. They both left the Ozrics a long time ago, but seeing as Joie was the keyboard/synth master and Merv was the drummer, seems odd that he has disappered. !! Any ideas ???!!

Joie still does Live gigs with Merv, but I think he has a job in the real world now, Merv does all the writing\producing studio work for Static... All recent static releases\remixes since "In the Nude" CD, have been Mervs handy work...

Joie did write a couple of tracks for a weird hippy chill compilation recently, something to do with rubbish records but I can't exactly remember what the compilation was callled, if I do find out I will post it.

We did see Joie at the Glade though, wrecking it up! :Wink3:

Didnt they both do some recent collaborations with Here & Now (or what is left of them...)??

Thanks mate.

I haven't seen Eat Static for a while, but Ozrics are playing in Brighton on Thursday night!!! Yippee!! I love 'em. Just checked the Rubbish Records site and found the Zia Geelani 'Zub Zub' Cd I was waiting for - another ex-member of Ozrics.! !.

And, beleive me, Zia's new album is absolutely awesome!!! Streets ahead of his first album, which was great in itself!

U can catch both Joie and Merv mashin it up Live @ 666 Psy sessions - Sat 26th Feb - New trinity center - Bristol

ohh yea

Feb Dates

Feb Dates for Eat Static...

If anyone fancies it,we are playing the following dates in Feb 05:

11th Feb 05 – The Brewery, Kendal, Cumbria

12th Feb 05 – Newcastle Students Union, Newcastle

19th Feb 05 – THE STANNERY,'Tremough Campus Venue, Penryn, Falmouth'

26th Feb 05 - Bristol Trinity Hall (666 night)

Then there is a Tsunami benfit gig in Glastonbury on 19th March,Town Hall..

Mindflux said:
And, beleive me, Zia's new album is absolutely awesome!!! Streets ahead of his first album, which was great in itself!

- and you can hear it for yourself live on 26th Feb, South London when Clockwork Prism host zubzub's "MaliciousCode" album launch party! Details on the parties page soon :bananada:

Back