EletronZ - Progressive Temptations

luizmenezesjunior

Junior Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the background tip... In fact it's a macromedia flash playing an mp3... You can stop it clicking in the circular play button...

Maybe I should remove this... For now I'll put it in "no autoplay" mode.

OPTOBOT

OPTOBOT
Reaction score
he he,

that button is just under were my browser shows, so didn't see it!

nice track, you can tell that there has been lots of attention to each sound.

my critism is that kick has hardly any oophm in it, the bass line is way bassier than the kick and you really want a good level bass mix between the kick and the bassline.

The production is pretty good, im not a huge fan of bass lines which change notes, and there are elements which are quite cheesy,

However you have a nice palet of sounds, and if it was my track, id get rid of the dancy bits and chord changes and keep going with what you start with, a nice trippy progressive groove. :Smile3:

all imho :Wink3:

pete

Fromem_Ory

Shantidisestablishment
Reaction score
there are some nice touches in there, but way too cheesy, imo. if i could change a few things, i'd say change ur crash, and take out the 1,2,1,2,3,4 crashes before drops! the opening moments are good, why dont you hang on to that nice morningy trance touch. the gated strings mite sound cooler if they have more rhythm. i like the clicks and the percussion as it slowly builds up. there are some synth parts in there that would work if u fucked em up a little more.
when i write, i try and double-think every sound until its completely different. if i have a kick and a bass in the break, thats a bit plain, so maybe i'll bounce it down and take the low freqs out. but then i suppose i could go one step further and stick a smooth bandpass filter on it. and also pan it. and then maybe automate some bitcrusher on it. and then form a little rhythm out of it. this degree of progression on each sound can lead to none of your sounds sounding anything like 'normal' instruments and sounds at all.
everything in moderation, including the trippy fx, but this track has so many normal sounds which would be alot cooler if they were twisted slightly to make it more interesting imho.
the crash and the bass are ubercheesey to me... maybe try dropping acid before working on this next?
peace

luizmenezesjunior

Junior Members
Reaction score
Thanks for you replying guys... I'm still working on the kick and bass, and improving it on every track...

I try to not go back on the track after finished, and change things because this will lead me to the "never finishing a track, because it's never good" problem..

The bass and kick is the major problem on my songs, and I haven't got the desired result yet, but your tips are clearing some ideas...

(sorry about my English)