Embarrasing noobish midi keys question

Speakafreaka

Champagne Rouletter
Reaction score
Hi guys, I've been messing around with my Evolution MK225 which I got for crimbo (very nice - having lots of fun), but I've run into a stumbling block.

Is it possible to get the keyboard to record vst automation (by which I mean not midi CC messages, but the sort you would edit with the mouse in the VST automation strip of cubase)? I've been trying to get my head around this and failed completely.

Any tips? :ibiggrin:

cool link cheers

And this is what is really damn stupid. I couldn't achieve to record knob movements via the generic remote control on a VSTi as automation data. Here again arises the problem that Steinberg decided to record automation of VSTis as special SysEx data and not like with VSTfx or the mixer as "normal" automation data. So if you want to record automation of a parameter of a VSTi which doesn't support to be controlled directly via Midi the only solution is to fiddle with the mouse. Really cool.

Pram>>>Toys>>> :icry:

Some vst's you cant control very well, what i do is: i press write and i turn the knob around, then i draw it .......
Check this ...http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/83451/forum/2
It explains how to set up a generic remote, its the best way, but has i said , some of the older VST's cant be controlled or you need to input 300 things before you can control it....

Its about time that every VST's that comes out have a learning function..........

not that i can help

Speakafreaka said:
Is it possible to get the keyboard to record vst automation (by which I mean not midi CC messages, but the sort you would edit with the mouse in the VST automation strip of cubase)?
you're asking if the midi data generated by the keyboard can be stored in it?
no, that's not what i'm asking! right?

Right. That isn't what I'm asking, just a badly, badly written question.

What I'm asking is; is it possible to send information from a keyboard controller knob to the VST automation channel in cubase?

Speakafreaka said:
Right. That isn't what I'm asking, just a badly, badly written question.

What I'm asking is; is it possible to send information from a keyboard controller knob to the VST automation channel in cubase?

i guess i'll put what was said already in other words

what you ask is possible, though depent of cubase version and configurations

using cubasesx version1, having a midi track with some keys seted as the midi input, select the track and hit record, twist the knobs and you can see the data being written

you tried it?

may be wrong but i'm pretty sure the generic remote will write you the blue lines you desire these days

Back