EQ ?

why outboard???

If you are flexible on that, then I'd go for the waves plugins. They're 'mazing. Just whack something through 'em, don't change a thing, and note how much better the sound is! I'm badly missing the waves plugins now that the demo has expired. :Sad: *

in particular the vintage EQ. Really good for electronic music of all sorts. It made everything sound tighter. Almost like compression, only different. :Smile3:

If it must be outboard, then maybe go for a channel rather than a straight EQ unit? Something like the Focusrite Platinum Stuff? Not that I've used it, just heard it's the Bee's Knees.

I use the waves plugins there great but I want to eq my freebass synth and hear what its like bofore even recording as I've just borght a comp and want the EQ before the comp so that my reason for wanting an out board EQ.

Speakafreaka said:
waves plugins. They're 'mazing. Just whack something through 'em, don't change a thing, and note how much better the sound is!

:unsure:

Speakafreaka said:
I'd go for the waves plugins. They're 'mazing. Just whack something through 'em, don't change a thing, and note how much better the sound is!
can u elaborate on that one?
i do loves the waves plugins, i find it helpful to use different EQs for different situations, like the REQ is good for a straight cuts below the lower frequencies, the paragraphic EQ is best for notches with high Q etc.
The metaflanger is one of my favorites though watch out as it can produce some unfriendly frequencies, the Rcomp and Ultramaximiser are essential mastering tools, and there are loads and loads more to play with :Smile3:

Continuum said:
or for Ma?
It's not for a PA just for in the studio. I've bought a comp and want to EQ before the comp when recording live synths and instrument and general playing around with might try a little mastering but that’s not my real intention. Just wanted to know what make of EQ was usually considered a good quality one.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Ott^ said:

I promise you, if you whack something through the REQ, on it's default setting, there is a difference. Everything sounds tighter. Almost like compression , but different. Try it on a full mix. It is very subtle, but really is there. Almost like a very slight low cut...

Or maybe I've finally gone completely doolally.

:?

Back