ex-cannabis smokers?

aimée

knitnobbler
Reaction score
Ex-daily smoker here too, its shit, it gets better. I used to be really dependant on it, now I rarely think about it. Its so much nicer living outside of the fog :cool:

Bacchanal

semilanceated
Reaction score
Still got the fog here, pot or no pot.

Couldn't smoke every day now though, it just does me in after a few.
Don't know that I'll ever finish with it for good, even if I give up smoking I'm sure it will be appropriate in some form or other now and again.

Sprocket

Beat Mangler
Reaction score
i keep thinking about quitting.. ive cut RIGHT down to one single skin a day, normally in bed, BUT when im out at parties, i can smoke a lot, if i let myself. recently, i've been trying to curb that to remain more chatty at parties. In general I feel paranoid that im too introspective and almost shy! - and yet if you know me, you will probably say I'm not.. sounds like typical stoned thinking on my part, and Id like it to go away!.. :\

Psy_mystic

chaotic neutral
Reaction score
i keep thinking about quitting.. ive cut RIGHT down to one single skin a day, normally in bed, BUT when im out at parties, i can smoke a lot, if i let myself. recently, i've been trying to curb that to remain more chatty at parties. In general I feel paranoid that im too introspective and almost shy! - and yet if you know me, you will probably say I'm not.. sounds like typical stoned thinking on my part, and Id like it to go away!.. :\
Try having a beer or two alongside it, i find it helps with chatting shit to others !

PsycheDanic

PS: Why music? Dot, code... Ott, you 'k?
Reaction score
Try having a beer or two alongside it, i find it helps with chatting shit to others !

ahahah, that's what I do whenever I know I'm gonna go somewhere with weed involved. Tend to end up getting pretty wasted, but the alcohol definitely does facilitate for conversation more. I become too quiet and introspective (and socially paranoid, yeah :p ) if I smoke weed just on its own.

Liquid Ross

Forum Member
Reaction score
i gave up about 10 years ago due to paranoia and anxiety ...
but have smoked a chillum a couple of times while on psychedelics and it found it quite positively mental!

smoked a few chillums earlier while in India with a bunch of people who did not speak English .. and felt rather relaxed and no anxiety as I had obligation to 'talk' .. communication or my lack of being able to was one of the main reasons I had to knock it on the head in the first place as it did my head in ..

:Smile3:

Candiety

Reaction score
For me it was buckets every day when I was 16 for about 9 months. I'm 25 now and it's (still) seriously affected my cognitive ability and my memory is really shit. I still smoke it, but nowhere near regular enough to ensure continuing damage. My mate who I used to smoke with at the time has never really recovered from the severe anxiety he developed.

If you want to lift the fog and improve mental clarity then I highly recommend daily piracetam and choline:

https://psymusic.co.uk

I recently started again and bought it from:

http://nootropichub.co.uk

It's done me wonders in the past! :Smile3:

twirly

boring
Reaction score
Hi there! I have PM'd you - sounds like a good idea. Can't really say I've been a big smoker tbh but have had other issues. I've been chilling out and trying to look after myself lately but don't want to stop dancing entirely or lose touch with the wonderful mateys I got acquainted with at parties!

SparklesAndShimmies

Forum Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,
This thread is interesting for me because I've been wondering if I should start smoking again! Interesting to read that many have found life better without it. I gave up drugs a long time ago and stopped the whole music/rave scene that I was in to at the time because I didn't think there was anyway I could stop taking drugs but still go to parties and/or be around all the people I knew who all enjoyed a wide variety of whatever was available :Smile3: But to be honest I haven't enjoyed much since and I've often wondered if I did the right thing. There's been quite a lot recently about medical cannabis so I've been reading a bit and it got me wondering if I ought to start smoking again. I have been vaping CBD oil recently and find it helpful but nothing I've tried seems to really quieten my head down completely (which is what I really crave at times). Interesting for me to read of others experiences. And hi, by the way, I think this is my first post since joining :Smile3: x