exporting from logic

mr_faster

ecomingonecomingonstrong
Reaction score
ok, ive finally got my ass into logic and have got my head round it pretty quick,

but

i cant find how to export my tune to wav/mp3/anything to listen to it

also, my cpu is overloading (expected!!) but i now need to bounce some of my vst instruments down to audio

could anyone help me with exporting the entire tune and also bouncing sections down to audio

once i have the bits as audio i know what to do with them, just need some more cpu!!

ive checked the help file but cannot find anything :iconfused

many thanks, jon :ismile:

on your master outs you will find at bottom of the strip the "bounce" button

to bounce your whole mix just hit bounce, to bounce seperate elements either solo the instrument or mute all other tracks (do this on the arrange page to ensure any bus routing stays in place) and it bounce then choose bounce & add, once bounced it will add itself into your track in the right place

okay, you need to deactivate some of the CPU heavy synths and plugins.
do this by holding CTRL and click the synth / plugins in the environment.

deactivate enough instruments and plugs to give you the resource to bounce down

Must say, if your setup's as powerful as you say it is... I'd love to know what you're running to max that out!

J.

its not that spesh

pentium 4 - 3.2ghz
4 gigs of ram
m-audio mobile soundcard

gonna upgrade soundcard to emu 1212m

dont think logic is using all the ram, anyone know how to change this?

I assume you've set your processor scheduling to "background services" in the Advanced Performance Options dialog in the System Properties? Are you trying to run a shitload of plugins at a ridiculously low latency? What VSTs and VSTis do you have in the project?

Jetlag is like speed after a certain point.

Back