Exposure Productions CD003 : Various Artists - Grey Area

DETOX

Junior Members
Reaction score
EXPOSURE PRODUCTIONS - GREY AREA
CATALOG NUMBER : EXPOCD 003
RELEASE DATE : 31 October 2005

After the worldwide success of Digital Performers,which was the second compilation of the label,here comes the third collection from the Exposure Productions headquarters.

Grey Area is a storming compilation featuring ten exclusive and previously unreleased tracks from the finest and most established artists of the psychedelic trance scene carefully selected by Detox the manager of Exposure Productions and digitally mastered by Space Cat.

The compilation blasts off with an amazing full on tune straight from South Africa and the studio of Protoculture who is one of the hottest artists around these days,then the legendary Electric Universe from Germany delivers us a psychedelic trance anthem dedicated to all the party people of the world and specially to the crowd of Athens,this one is going to wake up memories from the past to all of us.Deedrah comes next with a massive dancefloor hit from sunny Ibiza with his usual top production quality and unique style followed by a great collaboration track between Polaris and Galaktik Wave made in Paris the famous city of light.Wizzy Noise still enjoying the great success of their latest album produced a hi tech track for your ears only,another hit by the Greek wizards before Dino Psaras launches his crazy monster sound turning the globes dancefloors upside down.Prosper appears for the first time in an Exposure Productions compilation and his debut couldnt be better than Overstar,a groovy and melodic tune that will shake your body and mind,his new double album will be released by the end of the year in our label.Then we have a Scandinavian collaboration between S Range and Tranan who offer us an intelligent piece of work made in Sweden,a great tune by any means.Prometheus needs no introduction,one of the headliners of Twisted Records and the second half of Younger Brother project along with Hallucinogen shares with us one of his latest and most mature works that will satisfy even the more demantive listeners.The last track of this compilation is a very special one,an almost 12 minutes state of the art tune by Silicon Sound and Jaia who introduce us to their bright new project Even 11,sit back and relax while you listen to this one and allow the masters to guide you into their distant and magical worlds.

Here is the full tracklist.

Exposure Productions - Grey Area

01.Protoculture - Terra Tronics
Written & Produced by Nate Raubenheimer @ Sonic Circus Studio,Cape Town,South Africa.

02.Electric Universe - Athina
Written & Produced by Boris Blenn @ Blue Beat Studio,Berlin,Germany.

03.Deedrah - Take It Or Leave It
Written & Produced by Frederic Holyszewski @ Synthetic Studio,Ibiza,Spain.

04.Polaris versus Galaktik Wave - Mechanical Male
Written & Produced by Arnauld Stengel and Olivier Drignon @ Polaris Studio,Paris,France.

05.Wizzy Noise - Radio Silence
Written & Produced by Micky Noise and Uriel @ Wizzy Sonic Zone,Thesaloniki,Greece.

06.Dino Psaras - White Lights
Written & Produced by Dino Psaras @ Bullet Proof Studio,Brighton,UK.

07.Prosper - Overstar
Written & Produced by Nikola Vujnovic @ Skylab 5 Studio,Belgrade,Serbia.

08.S Range featuring Tranan - Electric Forces
Written & Produced by Anthony Sillfors and Jonas Pettersson @ Mission Control Studio,Gothenburg,Sweden.

09.Prometheus - Colour Storm
Written & Produced by Benji Vaughan @ Echo Chamber 2 Studio,London,UK.

10.Silicon Sound and Jaia present Even 11 - Oblivion
Written & Produced by Johannes Regnier and Yannis Kamarinos @ Even 11 Studio,Paris,France.

Compiled by DETOX

Mastering by Avi Algranati at Space Cat Studio.

Artwork by Micky from Wizzy Noise.

Globally Distributed by ZMA LABEL GROUP, for more info please mail sales@zmarecords.com

The site of Exposure Productions www.exposure-productions.net will be ready in the following days and the next compilation of the label is scheudled for February 2006 so if any artists would like to send us demos of their work and collaborate with us then they are more than welcome to do so.

Ready to get Exposed?

new wizzy, prometheus AND ss & jaia together again?

'ave some of that!!

Exposure where have you been....

Been waiting for this since Digital Performers!!

Roll on Release Date...

Good Work Detox!

Especially wanna hear: Protoculture, S>Range and Tranan, Prometheus, and Silicon vs Jaia Ohhhh yeesss

Listed On Psyshop looks like a Proper Solid Release Can't Wait!!

exp1cd003_b.jpg

Looks like Premier League stuff as usual...Keep up the good work Mike!

Samples have arrived @ Saikosounds, so it can't be too far away!

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=5308

Protoculture (Mucho Better Than Other Recent Tracks IMO), and S>Range vs Tranan are winners for me!

As well as Deedrah returning to full on form!!

and Subtle genius from Silicon vs Jaia and Prometheus with some old skool acid flavours..... Tasty!

Any News on Release Date Detox?? Go On Spoil Us :Wink3:

Cd has been released and can be found on Psyshop,Chaos Unlimited,Saikosounds and Beatspace.

Now i got to wait for your reviews i guess LOL

I Like It!!!

A Brief Track by Track....

01.Protoculture - Terra Tronics
Love the first 3/4 of this track... clean and kicking, tight percussion and good sample work, but I don't like the hands up melody in the final quarter, just sounded to obvious for me...

02.Electric Universe - Athina
Really like lots of it, some good digital squelch, very old skool lines, again I didn't really go for the melody, a little too trancey for me...

03.Deedrah - Take It Or Leave It
Love It... phat and fast full on, a proper Deedrah track and lots more playable than some of his album work. Wicked little details and patterns. Its Grrreat.

04.Polaris versus Galaktik Wave - Mechanical Male
Excellent, but then I really like Polaris' melody patterns, not a million miles from his other work. infact alot closer than that, just next door. nothing he didn't show us before.

05.Wizzy Noise - Radio Silence
I don't get Wizzy, (Sorry damion), some lush pads and excellent soft atmospherics but the same rambling rolling mid range centre to the whole track, which sounds to me like every (more recent) wizzy track ever made, hard to describe the noise but it is definetly the wizzy sound... and I don't get it!

06.Dino Psaras - White Lights
Phat and fast glitchy edgey little beast, solid full on in a dino stylee.

07.Prosper - Overstar
A good melodic uplifting roller, like bits of it, but a couple of bits detract from the whole for me.

08.S Range featuring Tranan - Electric Forces
This is where its at for me :Wink3: Lovely slice of Scando mornin style, powerful and delicate all at the same time, funky rolling and light, but trippy, with some fun puctuations from S Range. doesn't use too many ideas, just sticks to it and keeps it simple.... little gem!

09.Prometheus - Colour Storm
A slower affair, but really cool, old skool acid lines in the area, and bags of the uk stylee, which manages to capture something in between Psychedelic, Progressive and Acid House, where other countries and artists seem to fail! great subtle melody, Love It....

10.Silicon Sound and Jaia present Even 11 - Oblivion
A Beautiful bit of warm and delicious Mornin Trance... OK so it doesn't sound different to what I would have expected... but it doesn't have to, it just lush and warm, and gives off a nice content feeling!

Winners For Me: 3, 8, 9, 10. (Would have been 1 as well if it wasn't for the hands up melody)

The best was saved for last!

Thanks Detox, all though not all to my taste! A really good solid compilation!

Back