Fave chillout DJ

JohnM

blah blah blah
Reaction score
As result of some heated (sort of...) debate at

http://www.psy-forum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=39676

thought it might be an idea to see who people's fave chillout DJs were - ideally not just your mate/who plays at your night/who you're sleeping with...

To get the ball rolling - I've always really enjoyed Pathaan's sets at festivals in the past, bit of a ropey mixer (though far better than me!) but well thought out and good & eclectic mix of stuff... he's released some top CDs as well.

Olly (breathing space) is pretty much the daddy in my book. World music from another world it seems. For anyone at the glade he was the one with the african vocalist.

Happarently he's off in Africa at the moment so hopefully will come back with some good tunes!

Not exactly chill ...... well, he played in the chill room at Awakening.

Liquid James ...... rocking stuff. Very breaksy / d&b / funk edged .....

:Smile3:

top 5 all time chill out djs.....
1- Gerry Aum
2- Bez23
3- Si Splatt
4- Biggins
5- CosmoNaughty

but after following the Kulu thread i suddenly realised TechnoDolly Didnt get a mention.... Super phat housey world beat vibe chillout goodies :Grin: :Grin: :Grin:
aaaaaggghhhhh.... And Nighthawk......maaaaa....toooo many to mention.......

Si Splatt - I've never seen or heard anyone else agonise so much about what the best tunes to play are, and who turns out consistently stunning performances that he's NEVER happy with. A true artist, imo.

Gerry Aum second up for sheer passion.

Seems to be a bit of north/south split here...

I'll agree with everyone about Si Splatt, but south of watford always enjoyed Nick Interchill & Tom Fu, Ott's DJing is good for just playing good tunes regardless of genre... and completely disregarding my own requests to not mention mates/people who play at your nights - I always used to really like Unity Dubs sets, though he's shifted into semi retirement these days, and sadly Sonar Luminescence seem to have completely retired...

nice to see Si Splatt up there....

the "northern chillout mafia" are a top bunch

as far as others

wahey for TECHNODOLLY ...wahey for john m...wahey for bigginS(HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A WONDEROUS TIME)...wahey for tom fu.......wahey for bez 20-25.....and a special wahey to "cosmonaughty" "self professed king of chill"

and watch out for some bloke called stevesuperboss...this year he intends to do beatmatching and a full live av set too.........

i reckon the prize goes to si splatt though....and all the chill labels should put him on your promo lists cos he does a HELL of a lot for the scene

and is a lovely lovely non ego led....truly psychedelic person

i know the llist is mainly ppulated by folk i know.....but that just makes me a lucky motherfucker

also miquette giraudy played a blinding dj set at cabbage last year under the mirror system banner........

worst chillout djs:???::???

me at kulu a few months ago :o(

alex patterson(lovely geezer, amazing and pioneering soundsmith) but made me look like the invisible scratch pickles!!!

was he playing dub and stuff?

...not psy dub either.

everytime i've played with alex patterson he's rinsed it

and with Dub aint no point trying to beat mix cos it sounds shit.

he was playing what sounded to me like distorted techno most of the night...he did play some dubby niceness at the start though...and some resonable flatline chill at the end

Back