FCUK'N VIRUS C BASS!!!!!

FUGGA

SpeakerHugga
Reaction score
going crazy I've borrowed a virus while a friend has gone away, and i was realy realy hoping to create a good bass! DAYS LATER WTF!

does anybody have advice? Or even better a dam PATCH PLEASE!!!!

AAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink: :blink: :blink:

yer I know thnks mate, I have tried those, and i have also done searches upon searches hoping that in the world of psy artists someone could "GIVE A DOG A BONE", so to speak...........
and yes i have worked! and worked! and worked at my own patches!
ps. i have also been to bilbo's site, but still PRAYING for a more conclusive result!

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Sad:

Not looking gor loads of patches, hopfully just one....

:trippn:

I tried the Virus and wasn't that impressed.

If its not giving you what you want, why not try a different synth?

Some of the nicest basses come from the simplest synths. You can normally get fairly close nice and quickly then just apply some careful tweaking to get what you want. Try some single oscillator synths and nice filters. I like a lot of the bass sounds you can get out of Albino but you have to keep it simple

Dood are you trying to make a psytrance style daggadagga bass line???

the Virus is great for sustained, HP filtered, D&B type basses and alike. But it can't do daggadagga basslines at all :no: ... Infact most digital (software and hardware) synths are piss poor at it.

The Virus range are PHATT synths..... but not user friendly. Think the designers when they were like.... designing it :? thought.... "lets create an amazing synth..... and then put it together in such a way that it's a complete nightmare to use...."

The best psytrance bass sound/riff i've ever heard came from an analog Roland Juno 106. :p that's what i use.

but they got crap midi so you have to sample it. :blink:

Or you could try the old VB1 VSTi..... it you've got Cubase..... :Grin: Rinkadink uses this.

Ooooooor... You could also give Audiorealism's Bassline a go..... it's the best TB303 software colone ever....!!!! and can do a respectable daggadagga..... but use Multipressor with it to bring out the top and mid range

Have Fun

Beat-Root:jump:

P.S.

Who knows what Space Buddah use for their basslines? cuz me think they are the best. but can't quite get it on da Juno.

norty303 said:
Some of the nicest basses come from the simplest synths. You can normally get fairly close nice and quickly then just apply some careful tweaking to get what you want. Try some single oscillator synths and nice filters. I like a lot of the bass sounds you can get out of Albino but you have to keep it simple

what do you mean Simple? like simple bassline structure?(score).

As in, only 1 or two oscillators and a basic filter/envelope setup.

The Virus isn't all that for bass. If you're desperate to use hardware, you can go down the EVP route which is to use the hardware for all your leads and twizzly noises, but use a simple softsynth (like ES-M, Muon Tau, or V-Station) for bass and a softsampler (EXS24, Battery, Kontakt) for drums and percussion.

J.

i've got a virus b, its not plugged in at the moment, its not very good at the punchy bass sounds you're looking for, whereas the a6 on my desk is pretty hot at them (but ye canny borrow!)

mmm.. as for plugins the oddity does a pretty nice bass, still not as good as a real odyssey (had a loan of a real on once) but damn close.

Double_Helix said:
virtual after-shave? what will they think of next, eh?

:lolololo: HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

for people who fall sleep online... wake up stinkin like a mail server.....eeeeewwww!!!!! :runaway:

......or........

could have done with some the other day..... Got a new all singing all dancing laptop t'other day and my tired old one get really jelous and stopped working. :sad:

Wouldn't give me any of my old stuff back without a fight:no:

if only i had virtual colone it wouldn't have known that there was a new pooter in me life.

anyway..... meant 'clone'.... sure you got that though :lol:

Rextable:silly:

I can't believe there was not artists who don't have info on this subjrect!! wow!! no one can really give a difenitive answer on phat bass anyware........lol:no: :no:

A single sawtooth oscillator set to key sync (if possible); a 24dB lowpass filter with the cutoff set very low, no resonance and a very short 'blip' envelope; an amp envelope with the attack at zero, the sustain all the way up and the release as short as it'll go without clicking... that's my recipe.

I think the Virus C is pretty easy to use, especially with sounddiver! It also helps reading the programming guide at access website, it explains things like recursive modulation which is useful for basses. 1 important parameter is the phaseinit, at 0 the osc is free running, any other setting makes the osc start exactly the same place in the waveform everytime, this also changes the attack sound... I have a sloppy midi interface and therefore sample loops or single shots of bass from the virus then eq compress etc...
I can send you a couple of patches later, im at work now....
Just ask if you have more questions, i have used virus C for 3 years now.

Back