finally - 320s of (nearly) all my goa-ish psy stuff

soliptic

whirling mathematician
Reaction score
woohoo! just got a fat new server!

to celebrate, time to put up the 'back catalogue' in 320 at last. basically i made a whole bunch of goa/psy tunes what feels like ages ago, however, owing both to lack of server capability and hilarious aspirations towards signed release, i only distributed mediocre quality mp3s for most of them.

cant be bothered with all that now so here are the 320s. they're rather average imho but some people (mostly at the ektoplasm forums, RIP) did seem to quite like them at the time, so i thought i'd put em up here and see what u guys make.

mirror them, burn them, give them to mates, dj with them, i dont mind, the only thing i ask is not to rip me off by attributing them to anyone except me, and not to put them on a for-profit release.

(newest)
9 time perception (the nightmare of cake)
8 welcome to the future (silly stadium goa)
7 particle swarm (very melodic/easternish goa)
6 cartography (acid/goa ish)
5 riot fuel (a personal favourite)
4 vermicious knid (same sorta stuff; i'm running out of descriptions)
3 ajipjuteket (sci-fi goa)
2 solar flair (peaceful dubbed out goa)
1 icarian airplane (stupid 303 goa)
(oldest)

time perception is pretty good, sounds like hallucinogen/shpongle style.

welcome to the future.. wow.. bass. a bit too much low frequencies. very nice, but missing something, i cant put my finger on it.. more melodies, and the rythym is not as interesting as it should be.. also some of the weirder sounds don't cut into the mix, you're making them quieter because they are not eq'ed properly i reckon.

well, all i've got time for hope this helps.

dave
psy-trance.com

soliptic said:
and hilarious aspirations towards signed release

Dude - I swear that one of these days I'm going to get you and Mr. OOOD in a room together, and despite my diminutive stature smack your heads together to create a thwack so loud that I shall record it, sample it and use it as the kick in a track called "Unnecessary Modesty and Self-Doubt".

I'm not going to comment on relative loudness, because I know you don't do as many of us (including myself) do and L1 or L2 the bollocks out of your tunes. Time Perception I thought was releasable even in its 96k form, Riot Fuel likewise, and Particle Storm would not sound out of place on the first Posford album.

I'll give it a full-fledged listen over the next couple of days, but you should be proud of even the early stuff... keeps this pair of ears more than happy. :Smile3:

J.

What he said - Giving up is not an option. You are much too good. Welcome to the Future is a particular favourite.

Hang in there. There are about 4 or 5 forum regualars who are not signed who I think have the ability to come through and get signed. You are one of them for me. And I'm not revealing the rest :Smile3:

Speakafreaka said:
What he said - Giving up is not an option.

you're too late :P

havent made anything 4/4 for... er... well over 18 months.

"never say never", and all that - i'm sure one day i'll suddenly say to myself, "hey, i fancy making some goa", but its far from my agenda right now.

Hang in there. There are about 4 or 5 forum regualars who are not signed who I think have the ability to come through and get signed. You are one of them for me. And I'm not revealing the rest :Smile3:

I was signed :P

hence the "(nearly)", cos those ones I obviously couldnt put up as 320s.

"the jar" was on "v/a - pure planet" (kagdila), "ripples (remix)" is on a compil called...er... cant remember, something to do with Neptune (it has a water theme), which has either just come out, or is coming out very soon, on a japan-based label called... er.. forgotten again, and "dangerous dinosaurs" was supposed to come out for tranceform (sweden) about a year ago, but they mysteriously stopped all communication, well, about a year ago... no idea what happened to that.

honestly not bothered tho, i reckon you get just as many listeners doing it this way, plus you get more personal feedback from those listeners, and exactly the same amount of money (ie, zero).

dogcow said:
your links are broken.

nah, they work :Smile3:

the hosting has a daily b/w limit so if you try at the end of a day where ppl have been downloading these or other stuff on there it might be maxed and they will not work. but try again after 12 PST and they'll be back up.

cheers all...!

Back